Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchTheSky13
I dont know if what is shown is the final
|
There will most certainly be more detail, even if we end up with the same exact rendering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro
Believe as you wish, but I will say this. The CB5 drawing that was alleged to be available at the Smith/Gill website was not there. I looked all over.
|
^ I wouldn't expect that to be on their website.
One thing is certain - the massings of the tower, be it whatever glimpses we have seen so far, are pretty much the same thing. As has been pointed out, the cantilever is approved, and Barnett will most certainly use it. We're pretty much stuck with the tower being in the form or "mass" if you will, that we've already seen. Whatever finer details they may add won't change a thing for me. What
would make it better for me is if they lose all setbacks, even if the cantilever stays. I would love to have a tower that tapered to a point, or a nice spire (which Barnett had ruled out), something that complements the skyline - it will be the king of Midtown after all. But all signs are pointing against that. So, unless Barnett decides to move in a totally different direction (it could happen, though it's getting late), I'd say don't be shocked when the renderings reveal a tower not unlike the one we've seen.