Quote:
Originally Posted by spm2013
Sears Canada at best is just a land holding/development company with some minor retail operations. What mall would even want them to take up a huge section of space for a dead brand.
|
Very true, it's in the best interest of Richmond Centre and other 'up and coming' malls to court the likes of Saks, Simons, Holts and Nordstrom and rid themselves of the likes of Sears in what I believe to be in 'wind-down' mode. Their parent, ( Sears Holdings ), is in trouble and unloading divisions like Lands-End and their Auto Centers, I could be only a matter of time until they unload Sears Canada.
There are many exciting changes in the large-format retail landscape and Sears could likely be replaced by many of the new-to-Canada or expanding Canadian brands. I'm confident mall landlords like CF are fully cognisant of the opportunities Sears potential exits represent.