Can someone post pics of Burnaby's downtown? I've only seen skyline shots, but have not idea what it looks like on the street.
I've seen New Westminster on Streetview, and Mississauga, Burlington, Oakville, in person. Burlington looked pretty "downtownish" but I agree its small for a almost 200k city. New Westmininster looks like its the most urban based on what I've seen.
I just looked at Longueuil on streetview. It has a nice street thats downtowny. As with most suburbs though, it seems to only have the one stretch of a street that looks urban. Also too bad those highrises are a bit further from the downtown and surrounded by highway/ramps.
Not exactly suburban but these small skylines are outside of downtown Sault.
Old hospitals with two 10 floor apartments and a 9 floor apartment building in the bakground.
Yeah it is a nice city for sure. Most cities of that size, including Woodstock and Stratford, have their highrises outside of their downtowns, but St. Thomas has them right in the middle of the core. Makes it feel a bit bigger than it really is.
It's a historic title. It used to be a railroad nexus for the Southwestern Ontario's agriculture and rail trade from the midwest. Now it only has one or two active lines through/near it.