Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH
I like the atypical-for-Pittsburgh colors. Otherwise it seems pretty conventional, but nonetheless a nice addition in terms of needed rental units.
|
Yeah. I actually love this project for Pittsburgh. I think it is perfect for a transition between downtown and the Strip. And I think it will be far better than people are giving it credit for right now. I'm a fan of Front Studio projects in Pittsburgh and NYC. They definitely bring a "big city" design element to Pittsburgh and we're lucky they've done a number of good projects here.
On the other hand... the other residential projects recently mentioned here... not really a huge fan of the designs at all. To me, they scream 'projects'... which is what they basically are. We'll look at these in 30 years and say, that's what public housing looked like in the 20-teens. And it seems as though Rothschild Doyno has the local market cornered... jeez. Those angled rooflines on the Overlook must've caused chaos in the studio...
Remember, the above are all different projects.