Living in Toronto I don't really say wow when seeing a postcard style skyline shot but damn is that an impressive photo. Imagine that next 10-15 years with Signature, Mirvish-Gehry, Oxford, 1 Yonge and 45 Bay.
I did a quick photoshop to see how tall the One Yonge towers would look from the islands.
Original photo credit to Richard Akia http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardakia/
[IMG][/IMG]
I double checked the math Cal. The Westin Harbour Castle South is 127 meters tall, and in the pic is 106 pixels high. One Yonge tower 1 is 293 meters tall and therefor should be 244 pixels high, I made it 243 since it is slightly farther away. That is really how tall they will appear.
Completely wild. Thanks Koops! If you ever get the time, a full future render of that view with UC plus the realistic proposals would be greatly appreciated by all I'm sure!
TrueViking... that almost looks like Helena Montana... but it could be Juneau Alaska for all I know. Regardless, even I'm offended that, yet again, media portrays Canadian cities as tiny and —. Ugh!
I double checked the math Cal. The Westin Harbour Castle South is 127 meters tall, and in the pic is 106 pixels high. One Yonge tower 1 is 293 meters tall and therefor should be 244 pixels high, I made it 243 since it is slightly farther away. That is really how tall they will appear.
An easier way to do it is this. The Toronto Star building is 100m. So the tallest building will be 2.93 times that height then shrunk a little do to perspective. So it should look about 2.7 times the height of Toronto Star, no taller. L Tower (205m) should also be more than two-thirds the height of the tallest so you've got Tower 1 (293m) too tall there.