I just want ONE, SINGLE all-glass condo building in St. John's before the style fades from favour. I was in a coworker's condo in Calgary, floor-to-ceiling windows, and it was just... completely foreign. It's something you cannot get here in any capacity - which is rare because we can usually offer at least a limited, poor man's version of such urban things.
Just one. I won't live in it, but I want to know it's there.
On the upside, many of those floor to ceiling glass condos end up leaking after a few years only to trigger $30K condo board assessments.
The majority of the condos going up in Toronto today are 60 percent spandrel to 40 percent vision. The facade may be all glass but the units have a more traditional look without floor to ceiling glass. LEED certification is a huge selling point and no floor to ceiling window wall would ever qualify.
The shift towards glass condos has been ongoing for 25 years in Toronto. I don't see it disappearing either. It's quick to install and should outlive the warranty.
With the towers boom west of the 1250-R-L, the Skyline will be very Wide and big ! And it is yet !
I Wonder how high will be the YUL twins compared to the Cité du Commerce électronique. Probably something as high as the Mariott Château Champlain I bet !
The skyline is pretty impressive to me, massive I should say. It's maybe not Toronto, but it's pretty decent I think.
I'm posting from Whyte Avenue right now, and wow...this street is so busy, it feels like Van or TO. I've been here before but never noticed. Very impressed. Pictures to follow tomorrow!
With the towers boom west of the 1250-R-L, the Skyline will be very Wide and big ! And it is yet !
I Wonder how high will be the YUL twins compared to the Cité du Commerce électronique. Probably something as high as the Mariott Château Champlain I bet !
The skyline is pretty impressive to me, massive I should say. It's maybe not Toronto, but it's pretty decent I think.
It would be among the best skylines in NA with a couple 220-250 meter towers.
this is totally random, but the two signature towers that i have always thought would have made a really good peak for montreal's skyline would have been seattle's columbia seafirst tower and hong kong's bank of china. they would maybe need to be built at like 5/6 scale so as not to ruin everything, but place the seafirst behind mary queen of the world and the bank of china over place du canada (we don't need that square... it detracts from the urban enclosure of dominion square), and we'd be good to go.
this is totally random, but the two signature towers that i have always thought would have made a really good peak for montreal's skyline would have been seattle's columbia seafirst tower and hong kong's bank of china. they would maybe need to be built at like 5/6 scale so as not to ruin everything, but place the seafirst behind mary queen of the world and the bank of china over place du canada (we don't need that square... it detracts from the urban enclosure of dominion square), and we'd be good to go.
I've always just imagined 1000 rue de la Gauchetière at around 275m. I think that would work quite well actually.