Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline
Here is a new render for the two-faced monstrosity, Le Peterson.
Here's the side (from the north) the salespeople didn't want you to see!  At least it will be mostly hidden by the high-rises on that part of Sherbrooke.
Here's the previously known view from the south-east for comparison.
|
I actually kind of like that building. It seems to be going for the "futuristic POMO" vide that i
I rather enjoy. This approach to POMO seems common in Australian and Eastern Asia, but less so in NA, where POMO tends to mean retro-references. I
And it doesn't have the conspicuously cheap vibe of spandrel-covered glass condos (such as ROCP) and in fact doesn't actually all that condo-like. It gives more of a solid, institutional vibe like a hospital or something. And even though the design may seem a little busy, the simplicity of the white helps calm things a little.