HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5141  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 9:35 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
(deleted)
     
     
  #5142  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 9:36 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
Marmalade Library Block development RFQs and RFPs selection:

The RDA has narrowed down their choices of developers for the development on the block.

renderings included at the link below:

http://www.slcrda.com/meetingsmin/2013/BOD/091713/7AMarmalade.pdf
There are a lot of renderings of other cool projects that I wish I could paste on here. The stuff from Blalock & Partners in the Granary area is awesome! Maybe someone has the time to pull them out of that pdf and post them on here.
     
     
  #5143  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 11:37 PM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Great news this week, guys! Here's a quick rendering I did of the city seen from I-80.

111 and the Cascade would be very prominent. 151 would just pop it's head out behind the Walker Center if even at all. Tower 8 would be mostly hidden, but noticeable.

     
     
  #5144  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 4:46 AM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
...and if the Cascade got its original height back...
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
     
     
  #5145  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 1:36 PM
EPdesign EPdesign is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
Thank you Viperlord. That was a great document. It is good to see the projects that are out there.
     
     
  #5146  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 4:53 PM
shakman's Avatar
shakman shakman is offline
Chairman
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: PRMD - People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysNoiz View Post
Great news this week, guys! Here's a quick rendering I did of the city seen from I-80.

111 and the Cascade would be very prominent. 151 would just pop it's head out behind the Walker Center if even at all. Tower 8 would be mostly hidden, but noticeable.

Excellent work. How about Tower #2?
__________________
"I measure the value of life not by how much I have, instead by what I have done.

-sb
     
     
  #5147  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 6:56 PM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Excellent work. How about Tower #2?
Cascade is tower #2
     
     
  #5148  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 7:41 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
A note on the Goldman Sacs. The 500 employees in SLC was in 2008, and the 1500 is now (2013), thus why they needed to make the move from Research Park into 222. I would expect that they have a plan to accommodate some growth over the 1,500 at 222, there are still a couple of floors that appear to be empty, which could simply mean that Goldman leases them, but have not had the need to finish them yet.

I am anticipating that if Goldman expects to outgrow 222, even with some additional floors, that they are transferring their lease to 111 with Hamilton Partners (the same owners). This could also be why Hamilton requested, and was approved for additional height at 111 and why they seem to be moving forward with all the approvals. Financing doesn't happen until approx 45% pre-leased, and it appears to me with all the movement they are making that they are either at the magic number or soon will be.

Depending on the length of their current lease, they could save a substantial amount of money if Hamilton is simply letting them move their lease to 111, rather than breaking it at 222 and moving to 151.

And as Delts stated, 111 will be a much more high visibility location than 151, while they are reducing costs by operating such a large office in Salt Lake City vs other cities, they are still a financial firm, they still have an ego and location and image is still a big part of that ego.
     
     
  #5149  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 8:13 PM
T-Mac's Avatar
T-Mac T-Mac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bountiful, Utah
Posts: 1,163
Just a thought on Goldman Sachs. If they are currently at 1,500 employees here in Salt Lake, I can't imagine that they all fit in 222 S Main on the floors that they currently have. If you look at the floor plan layouts on the 222 S Main website for hypothetical configuration of the floors, I would think that at the most, you can only fit about 100 people per floor max. Someone on here said that they are leasing 7 floors. Where are the other half of the people working? Maybe I am completely wrong on this and if someone knows how it currently works and if they do really have all of their employees crammed into the 7 floors.
     
     
  #5150  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 8:22 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Looks like there are Instawalk tours of SLC happening this Saturday, leaving from the Farmer's Market at Pioneer Park. Three different tours, departing at 8:30, 10:30 and 12:30. If I weren't going out of town this weekend, I'd be down. They're kind of fun, and it looks like this one has some people from the Utah Heritage Foundation, so you might get some history/architecture/architecture history in there too. Good times: http://downtownplanslc.com/instawalk-this-saturday/
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
     
     
  #5151  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 8:25 PM
stayinginformed stayinginformed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
Just a thought on Goldman Sachs. If they are currently at 1,500 employees here in Salt Lake, I can't imagine that they all fit in 222 S Main on the floors that they currently have. If you look at the floor plan layouts on the 222 S Main website for hypothetical configuration of the floors, I would think that at the most, you can only fit about 100 people per floor max. Someone on here said that they are leasing 7 floors. Where are the other half of the people working? Maybe I am completely wrong on this and if someone knows how it currently works and if they do really have all of their employees crammed into the 7 floors.
I think they may still be using some space in Research Park at the University.
     
     
  #5152  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 8:30 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
I think they may still be using some space in Research Park at the University.
I didn't know they had an another office besides 222 south. My guess would be GS would want to move everybody under one building in the near future. 111 south main makes more sense to me also. And the last I heard that development starts this Dec.- Jan.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #5153  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 8:32 PM
stayinginformed stayinginformed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
I didn't know they had an another office besides 222 south. My guess would be GS would want to move everybody under one building in the near future. 111 south main makes more sense to me also. And the last I hard that development starts this Dec.- Jan.
Still on their website. I am sure they keep that updated: http://www.goldmansachs.com/who-we-are/locations/
     
     
  #5154  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 10:51 PM
RosePark's Avatar
RosePark RosePark is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
I didn't know they had an another office besides 222 south. My guess would be GS would want to move everybody under one building in the near future. 111 south main makes more sense to me also. And the last I heard that development starts this Dec.- Jan.
Goldman Sachs still has offices and employees stationed in the Williams Building in research Park
     
     
  #5155  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 11:07 PM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Utah Undie Run renamed, rescheduled — to Mormon conference weekend

From Salt Lake Tribune

"Because of a trademark conflict, the third annual Utah Undie Run has been renamed and tentatively rescheduled for Oct. 6 — the Sunday of LDS General Conference."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56889439-78/run-undie-utah-porter.html.csp
     
     
  #5156  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 11:11 PM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Salt Lake City dispatchers move into new headquarters

From Salt lake tribune

"As of 2 a.m. Tuesday, the Salt Lake City dispatchers went online in their new, improved home."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56883049-78/lake-salt-center-dispatchers.html.csp
     
     
  #5157  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2013, 3:00 AM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
This article from Forbes about the recent SLC Comic Con mentions that the organizers are negotiating to use the entire Salt Palace Convention Center for the next five years, planning on growing the con each time.

It also mentions the economic impact to the city, and how it's encouraging key players to move forward on a convention hotel. Anyway. Some interesting bits.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/cherylsnappc...d-by-leveraging-social-marketing-trends/
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
     
     
  #5158  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2013, 5:30 AM
SLCdude's Avatar
SLCdude SLCdude is offline
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
Looks like there are Instawalk tours of SLC happening this Saturday, leaving from the Farmer's Market at Pioneer Park. Three different tours, departing at 8:30, 10:30 and 12:30. If I weren't going out of town this weekend, I'd be down. They're kind of fun, and it looks like this one has some people from the Utah Heritage Foundation, so you might get some history/architecture/architecture history in there too. Good times: http://downtownplanslc.com/instawalk-this-saturday/
I will be helping to conduct the tours. It will be me (intern) and two city planners!
     
     
  #5159  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2013, 12:51 PM
jimmycdii jimmycdii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 131
Does anyone know where I can find pictures of other cities' skyscrapers photoshopped into Salt Lake City? Occasionally I'll see these pictures in random places online, but I don't know (or remember) where I can find them.
     
     
  #5160  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2013, 2:08 PM
T-Mac's Avatar
T-Mac T-Mac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bountiful, Utah
Posts: 1,163
I took this shot last night of Boyers 101 Tower.

     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:11 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.