Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard
I was Thinking in the empty Signal store I would see a potential Spencer store that is almost the same concept as what the IT store used to be before it shut down in the mall. What are your thoughts.
|
Having a Spencer's Gifts in Champlain would be kinda neat, however, as was evidenced by previous attempts, novelty/joke stores don't fare too well around here. Not sure why (maybe too many prudes get offended by the subject matter?) but they don't seem to last too long.
I actually like Spencer's based on what I've seen in their American stores. It's not always crass & explicit material. They've often got hard to find collector items (Todd McFarlane figures, TV & Music-related gift items, etc) and some unique & funny gag items.
Would be fun to have one here in Moncton, but I don't foresee it occurring anytime soon.