Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey
I wonder if they tried to work out something with the province. Like hey... we're done all this, but if we open this part without 22X/Deerfoot these detours are gonna be hell on earth. No late fees, mmkay?!
More realistically, this was the plan all along, given that they said they've caught up to the original timeline. We've suffered through 40 months of construction, what's a few more for the route to fully open with the safety of the interchanges being built? I don't get it. The more you look at the state they're in now and think about the order of operations, you realize how bad they got screwed over having to build detours and keep 🞵🞵🞵🞵 open.
|
I doubt this is the case...the contract for the SE is not that different from the NE, and the definition of substantial completion is much further along than they will likely be. They knew over a year ago that they were in big trouble in terms of getting done in time, so they've probably been ready to accept these late fees they'll be paying. The road might be "open" October 1st, but it won't be open in terms of what the contract asks for.
Knowing how McIver has been spinning his press releases lately (ie. The "innovative" solution for Stoney/Macleod), I would be willing to guess that they will call it open for good optics with the public, and quietly get them to pay up for not being done.