Ye gods, enough with the damned tweaking, already!
What do you think they've been doing with the Big Four during the six-to-nine month period for which the refinement process has been going on?
I mean,
now that building above grade is just starting, we wanna play with things some more so that the oh-so-pretty sunshine and that big, babbling brook that is the Hudson can dance with and make figurative love to the complex?
Spare me.
And someone tell these card-carrying Henry David Thoreau Fan Club members to spare their tripe for larger metropolises that
A) have the very sort of atmosphere wherein this sort of envisioned interplay is bound to happen most successfully,
B) actually have the funds and
commericial attractiveness to build at this scale.
Or you can invite them to put their flowery rhetoric to the test by driving up the Jersey turnpike to the Apple during an August dog day with the power-windows fully open.
Better yet, give them lucky horseshoes to wear as necklaces so they can successfully outrun the local Frankenstein mobs of Connecticut NIMBY's armed with implements that could be quite difficult to remove from certain orifices should they wind up there.
Look, this is historically gruff, gritty, no-frills, and unapologetically so NYC. If we want big business, we'll make sure we get it, even if what gets built isn't the on the most attractive parcel, location-
or square footage-wise.
The point I'm trying to make is that building tall with the intent to capitalize on natural beauty is all well and good if you're in, say, San Francisco or Vancouver. Believe you me that you'll have to travel at least 30 miles north on the Thruway/ I-87 or east on I-95 along the Nutmeg State's side of the Sound to even try that (in the latter case, watch out for those deuced NIMBY's I just talked about. The things they've been known to do with a gardening trowel are
nasty......

).