HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
My understanding is the mall will continue to be. Shape is in the mall business.
That makes sense, as there's still a large podium mass under all of those towers - i.e. the mall still exists under the towers.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 8:44 PM

Cressey's Edmonds project (Kingsway @ Edmonds on Value Village site) won't have a daycare, opts for cash instead:

Quote:
If the development is granted rezoning approval, the cash-in-lieu contribution would add $11.2 million, or 80 per cent of the total, to the Edmonds Town Centre community benefit account earmarked for future community amenities in the area. The remaining 20 per cent, or $2.8 million, would be added to the city-wide housing fund for affordable or special needs housing, following council policy.

Prior to the Cressey contribution, the Edmonds fund currently sits at $3.47 million while the housing fund has a current balance of $8.6 million.

http://www.burnabynewsleader.com/news/198050421.html

Old Posted Jun 16, 2013, 7:49 PM
ARTchitecture

Could a moderator possibly please update the Burnaby diagram in the database? Not asking you to add new diagrams but just correct what is there, the Met is under construction and will be around at least 130 meters but yet only shows up on the last page at 34 floors (even though it's 40), Station Square 1 is UC, and the Met II isn't on the database.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2013, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Could a moderator possibly please update the Burnaby diagram in the database? Not asking you to add new diagrams but just correct what is there, the Met is under construction and will be around at least 130 meters but yet only shows up on the last page at 34 floors (even though it's 40), Station Square 1 is UC, and the Met II isn't on the database.
Going by the rendering in the Met thread, the tower will only have 34 floors.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2013, 8:16 PM

I think Metrotown has currently more tall towers under construction than any other area, including Downtown Vancouver. It is amazing what is going on in that area at the moment...

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 10:45 PM

Concord project south of Lougheed, east of Beta on 10.5 hectacres:

http://www.burnabynow.com/life/Propo...193/story.html

Quote:
Proposed Brentwood development includes school and park

By Stefania Seccia, Burnaby Now
July 24, 2013

Concord Pacific Holdings has put forward a rezoning application to allow construction of a multi-phased high-rise, mid-rise and low-rise residential development with a commercial component. The site is on 10.5 hectares (26 acres) of land south of Lougheed Highway and east of Beta Avenue.

The site is currently occupied by the Dragonwood Industrial Estates. Dragonwood consists of heavy industrial buildings, a large outdoor storage yard and a used car dealership.

About seven acres of the site - for the park and school - would be acquired through a mixture of density transfer and cash, to serve the southern portion of the Brentwood area.

"The proposed preliminary development concept for this key site within the Brentwood Town Centre is to transform its existing industrial nature into a new signature multiple-family residential neighbourhood, with a new elementary school, a neighbourhood park, and an improved naturalized riparian corridor for Stickleback Creek, at its heart," the city report states. "The neighbourhood park space would be for both active and passive recreation, children's play and environmental enhancement, and would add to the primary outdoor and indoor recreation opportunities available at the nearby Burnaby Lake Sports Complex"

Concord Pacific will have to meet certain service requirements such finishing surrounding streets with bicycle facilities, sidewalks, trees, boulevards, and street and pedestrian lighting.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2013, 3:47 AM

Brentwood skyline today. This view will change quite a lot in the next 5 years. Solo District towers will be rising to the middle of the picture.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2013, 7:05 AM

Awesome pic, thanks Klazu! This is the first time I realize that Lougheed has a pretty decent skyline too - one that should at least double in the next 20 years as the strip malls at the base of North Rd. densify, and as the Evergreen Line spurs development further north. Exciting times for this part of the region.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 12:58 AM

Taken today. Metrotower III (white crane) and Metroplace Living (yellow crane) poking above Central Park. I think there is still 11 or 12 stories + mech p/h to go on Metroplace, so it'll probably top out near where the top of its crane currently is.

My photos:

Untitled by smho, on Flickr

Untitled by smho, on Flickr

Last edited by smho; Jul 29, 2013 at 2:34 AM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 1:06 AM
ARTchitecture

Awesome pictures dude

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodomReaper View Post
Awesome pic, thanks Klazu! This is the first time I realize that Lougheed has a pretty decent skyline too - one that should at least double in the next 20 years as the strip malls at the base of North Rd. densify, and as the Evergreen Line spurs development further north. Exciting times for this part of the region.
plus lougheed mall - same owners as brentwood, has plans for 8-10 towers to be built around the mall - no timeline i'v eheard of yet but there are detailed renderings out there for the project, i think it will get going after the brentwood development has gone ahead

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
plus lougheed mall - same owners as brentwood, has plans for 8-10 towers to be built around the mall - no timeline i'v eheard of yet but there are detailed renderings out there for the project, i think it will get going after the brentwood development has gone ahead
When all that will be built in next 15 years, it will be quite a skyline Brentwood and Lougheed will have together when seen from Downtown!

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 3:50 AM
Vancouver Moderator

I just hope that in 15 years, the missing corner of Crystal Mall is developed.
http://goo.gl/maps/5OZ5L
To me this is now the part of Metrotown that offends my urban sensibilities, since Station Square is being reborn.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 4:06 AM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-paladin View Post
I just hope that in 15 years, the missing corner of Crystal Mall is developed.
http://goo.gl/maps/5OZ5L
To me this is now the part of Metrotown that offends my urban sensibilities, since Station Square is being reborn.
Yes, that corner is incredibly hick. They also need to eliminate the way it bulges out into Kingsway.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 2:56 PM

What's the story behind that horrible little corner. Does crystal mall own that property?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 4:14 PM

I doubt it. Looks like a group who wouldn't sell to the developers.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 5:11 PM

That is exactly what it was, I heard they were asking for far too much money when the Crystal Mall development occurred. Would be nice to have the city of Burnaby to annex the property though to take that bulge out of Kingsway...

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 1:23 AM

Metrotown as part of Downtown skyline. Shot from Lighthouse Park (West Vancouver) on a warm (and thus blurry) afternoon:

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 1:31 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
That is exactly what it was, I heard they were asking for far too much money when the Crystal Mall development occurred. Would be nice to have the city of Burnaby to annex the property though to take that bulge out of Kingsway...
I hope one day. The only benefit is that if the mall owners do buy it, they may be able to put a higher density building (not just more mall but a tower perhaps) than would have been originally allowed / feasible.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2013, 12:03 AM

Brentwood vs. Metrotown - which has the better skyline now and in the future?

My take is that Metrotown has a better skyline now, but in the future Brentwood will have better, more clustered, skyline.

Another, slightly zoomed-in, angle on Metrotown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley