Those condos under construction shows how many people will be added to the street very soon. Get ready for the population to change rapidly in the downtown core. This pic has an ominous foreshadowing quality to it, but in a good way (if that is possible). To me it represents change.
I love Victoria, I have recently seen some more goofy comments regarding how disappointed people were visiting it, again, I feel they must have visited a different city than I have. Yes, it does have some grit but honestly I feel the street scape is among the best in Canada and the gardens are unrivaled, even compared to Vancouver. Love it and great density!
Perhaps it's the mescaline, but the clouds above Calgary in the first shot almost appear to me as if it is Quebec City (Chateau Frontenac on the right) about to reign vengeance on the westerners from above. Again, I'm probably just being crazy, and it shall pass.