Here's the best photo I could find of Red Deer with it's new (2011) tallest building. I enhanced it as best I could. Not bad for a city of only 98 000 people (metro approx ~115 000)
The L tower in that sunset photo of Toronto looks amazing. So different and adds so much to that skyline (🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 it doesnt stand out as much from the views of the lake or during the day).
I love the business district shots from the CN Tower. Looks so impressive. The bottom shot would have looked better/more impressive if the photographer moved a few hundred feet to the east on the island and widened the lens which would have showed off the ICE towers more and taken in City Place, it's by far the BEST shot of Toronto in my opinion at this angle.
In that last shot, Ice almost completely eclipses the architectural portion of FCP. We all knew it was coming, but it feels almost like the end of an era.
That's a shame, it's one of this country's skyscraper jewels. My personal favourite in that city, too.
In Montreal, most angles bury the Sun Life and the Bell telephone building, but the old RBC tower and the Aldred, both in Old Montreal will never be hidden from view, thankfully.
In that last shot, Ice almost completely eclipses the architectural portion of FCP. We all knew it was coming, but it feels almost like the end of an era.
It would have been nice if ICE had a lighting feature. But I guess condo residents don't wanna get lit up all night, or lit up till 2 in the morning anyways...
^ Like I said, ICE does not block out FCP if the picture was taken in a different spot. It just happened to be the place where the photographer was standing. When you are on the island, you can capture all sorts of skyline views depending on what part of the island you are on. Just a few hundred feet from that picture is TO's money shot, where the ICE towers appear just west of FCP and form an incredible skyline shot effectively merging the financial core with Southcore and Cityplace. Nothing overlaps, it's perfect.