HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4681  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 1:52 AM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Where is the gender neutral bathroom?
I don't get it.
     
     
  #4682  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 4:34 AM
DMTower's Avatar
DMTower DMTower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Where is the gender neutral bathroom?
I'm sure transgender people can use the bathroom of their preference, just like they do in most places.
     
     
  #4683  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 5:30 AM
Wasatch_One's Avatar
Wasatch_One Wasatch_One is offline
Wen Lambo
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Old&New busting out the important questions!
haha
     
     
  #4684  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 6:15 AM
slc801's Avatar
slc801 slc801 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Thanks for the photos. Great job.

The building is beautiful, but I was a little underwhelmed by the lobby when I was there yesterday. I think they ought to have used a creamy off-white instead of the intensely bright white paint they used in the lobby. "Refrigerator white" makes buildings look cheap. I had a feeling of cheapness inside and I think that's because of the too-white paint.

I don't think the silver ball thingy in the courtyard is broken, they just didn't have most things turned on, yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Martin View Post

don't know what it does because it's already broken
I went by tonight and talked to some of the security guards. I asked one when it was going to get turned on and he said that the isn't an on/off switch. The button doesn't do anything except for vibrate the water in the little bowl.

I know a lot of people won't like that the activation button doesn't do anything, but I love that art piece (especially the other side that is very chrome-y. It reminds me of Cloud Gate, the kidney bean chrome sculpture in Chicago). I am really impressed with the art work at the building, from the building itself, to the ones on the plaza (the hands, the profile faces, and the weird ufo-looking piece that has the activation button)
     
     
  #4685  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 12:08 PM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486


" (especially the other side that is very chrome-y. It reminds me of Cloud Gate, the kidney bean chrome sculpture in Chicago). "

I thought the same thing about the silver ball reminding me of the sculpture in Chicago... I like it...!
__________________
Photos of Downtown SLC & surrounding areas-http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199269&highlight=ctobsl

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com
     
     
  #4686  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 4:41 PM
stayinginformed stayinginformed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 576
Salt Lake Comic Con has dropped Sandy and is moving downtown--where it belongs.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/56647609-79/comic-salt-con-lake.html.csp
     
     
  #4687  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 7:11 PM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900

Real estate investment firms acquire four office buildings at The Gateway
Property


» Hines/Oaktree partnership purchases four sites from The Boyer Company.


http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/56643814-79/gateway-hines-buildings-office.html.csp
     
     
  #4688  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 7:38 PM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
Salt Lake Comic Con has dropped Sandy and is moving downtown--where it belongs.
Good. Now people won't have to drive from their hotel to the Expo Center back and forth back and forth. The Salt Palace is so much nicer. It is called the Salt Lake Comic Con, not the Sandy Comic Con.
     
     
  #4689  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 7:51 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
So they acquire.....

Gateway 1
Gateway 3
Gateway 5
Gateway 6

So it looks like Gateway 2 and 4 are owned by different companies.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #4690  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 11:08 PM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
I found this on Dixon and Associates Architects website:

Also, Dixon and associates & Boyer submitted a building permit last week for the 6 level midblock parking structure behind the former Questar headquarters:

"Boyer 102 Tower Parking Garage Phase 1
New parking structure"

If you look at the rendering pic you can see the parking structure looks to be an addition to the already existing parking structure on that block...?

http://www.dixonslc.com/?section=office

151 Tower, Salt Lake City UT


I wonder though.... Goldman Sachs name is up at the top of that tower..... is goldmans expanding to this location as well? or is it a complete move? I would bet that the current rendering of that tower would be too small to house all of Goldmans entire operations......

Anyways.... thoughts? opinions?
     
     
  #4691  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2013, 11:23 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
I really like the look of that tower, it would be nice to get another tower although a little shorter tower, next to the existing tower on the NE corner of State and 200 S, as shown. I wouldn't imagine that Goldman would be moving into a new building, especially like you said a smaller building than they are already in, because they are only going to get larger, and need more space, not less. The only move I could see Goldman doing, if they needed more space, would be to 111, from 222, and only because that is the same owner and I'm sure they would be willing to transfer their lease if they needed more space. Plus I'm sure Goldman has many more years on their 222 lease and they wouldn't be able to easily break their lease to go to another owners tower.

Ok, back to this image. It appears to me that there is a mid block street to the left side of the image, that would cut between State and 2nd E, south of the Federal and former Questar Buildings and the parking structure does look to almost be an addition or at least adjacent to the existing structure on 2nd S. I also noticed the street between 151 and the existing tower, most likely parking access though.

Last edited by Future Mayor; Jul 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM.
     
     
  #4692  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 12:03 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post

151 Tower, Salt Lake City UT


Anyways.... thoughts? opinions?
I really like the look and placement. It goes really well with the surrounding buildings. I agree with FM. Not sure why Goldman's on the tower.
     
     
  #4693  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 12:06 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
Here is SLC at sunset with 111 South Main illuminated. I wonder if a variety of colors will be used like on 222 .

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2831/9374670732_fc028741c8_z.jpg
     
     
  #4694  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 12:13 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
On the news this morning I heard that road repair on state street due to the record heat will cost millions. This will unfortunately delay many small projects.
     
     
  #4695  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 12:19 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Since Goldmans Sachs already takes up seven floors at 222 south main I don't see them moving to this new building that looks to have nine floors. A move just to add two floors don't seem worth it to me. A move to 111 south main as FM already stated makes more sense. Really like the look to this new building.

Looks like we are going to see a lot of new class A office buildings/towers added these next few years with.....

111 south main 24-stories
101 tower 7-stories
151 tower 9-stories
Air 7 6-8 stories
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #4696  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 12:33 AM
DMTower's Avatar
DMTower DMTower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 811
I couldn't place 151 Tower from that rendering so I got on Google Earth, then I got carried away... This should show where the new construction is located, plus I added the remaining potential mid-block access. I hope it actually turns out this way.


Last edited by DMTower; Jul 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM.
     
     
  #4697  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 12:37 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Wow! I love the design of that proposed office building. The massing, etc is great and helps to fill in a gap on State Street.

Clarification: the Air 7 only has 3 stories of office
     
     
  #4698  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 1:01 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Too bad 151 tower doesn't just take over the small parking lot to it's north by adding retail space or something.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #4699  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 1:34 AM
DMTower's Avatar
DMTower DMTower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 811
That whole area has a ton going on either right now or in the near future.

     
     
  #4700  
Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 4:19 AM
jimmycdii jimmycdii is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Too bad 151 tower doesn't just take over the small parking lot to it's north by adding retail space or something.
My thoughts exactly. I like the building and I'm glad it's filling the gap. But why leave a little sliver of awful right next door. But still, though, I do like the building.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:24 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.