HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8801  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 4:21 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,081
just noticed on twitter that the fortress announcement is next week.
     
     
  #8802  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 4:27 PM
cheswick's Avatar
cheswick cheswick is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Kildonan
Posts: 3,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
just noticed on twitter that the fortress announcement is next week.
I believe someone said it was the 22nd.

For those interested if you direct message them your email, they may invite you to their launch event.
     
     
  #8803  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 4:28 PM
Authentic_City's Avatar
Authentic_City Authentic_City is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I believe someone said it was the 22nd.

For those interested if you direct message them your email, they may invite you to their launch event.
You gotta hand it to Fortress; they really do know how to create some marketing buzz with social media.
     
     
  #8804  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 4:33 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I believe someone said it was the 22nd.

For those interested if you direct message them your email, they may invite you to their launch event.
any idea how you DM them?....I cant figure it out.
     
     
  #8805  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 4:46 PM
Mininari Mininari is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria (formerly Port Moody, then Winnipeg)
Posts: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
You gotta hand it to Fortress; they really do know how to create some marketing buzz with social media.
Yep, we're all contributing to it!
     
     
  #8806  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 4:54 PM
cheswick's Avatar
cheswick cheswick is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Kildonan
Posts: 3,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
any idea how you DM them?....I cant figure it out.
Yeah, it turns out you can only direct message someone if they're following you (under settings ---> direct message). I don't think they realize this by the wording of their message.
     
     
  #8807  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 5:59 PM
Biff's Avatar
Biff Biff is offline
What could go wrong?
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,938
The event is scheduled for the 22nd....unless something changes.
     
     
  #8808  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 8:53 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,081
     
     
  #8809  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 9:03 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,081
50 units of glasshouse condo sold in the first weekend...amazing.
     
     
  #8810  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 9:25 PM
Jack1983 Jack1983 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
50 units of glasshouse condo sold in the first weekend...amazing.
I walked by the showroom this morning and the floor plan layout board was covered in red dots. That is a pretty good sign.
     
     
  #8811  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 9:26 PM
trueviking's Avatar
trueviking trueviking is offline
surely you agree with me
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: winnipeg
Posts: 15,081
I just saw the fortress proposal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow.
     
     
  #8812  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 9:28 PM
calder's Avatar
calder calder is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: East Exchange
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
I just saw the fortress proposal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow.
As if I wasn't already excited.
     
     
  #8813  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 9:34 PM
ctochico ctochico is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
I just saw the fortress proposal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow.
well then..if thats not a tease..i dont' know what is...

hook it up..i turn your monitor 90 degrees so i can see! oh wait..im not there no more....
     
     
  #8814  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 9:36 PM
chrisallard5454's Avatar
chrisallard5454 chrisallard5454 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
50 units of glasshouse condo sold in the first weekend...amazing.
Do you remember the total number of units the building was supposed to have? I am guessing that 40-70% estimate just jumped up then?
     
     
  #8815  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 9:59 PM
JustinL's Avatar
JustinL JustinL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winnipeg / Stuttgart
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
I just saw the fortress proposal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow.
We don't like being teased like that!!!

I take your first reaction as a huge positive though.
     
     
  #8816  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 10:17 PM
JamieDavid Exchange JamieDavid Exchange is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 546
     
     
  #8817  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 10:35 PM
GD4C's Avatar
GD4C GD4C is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieDavid Exchange View Post
Thanks for this, JamieDavid. I was wondering about an official announcement.
     
     
  #8818  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 10:44 PM
Lenin's Avatar
Lenin Lenin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 334
The last thing I would ever want to be is lewd, crass, or inflammatory. That being said, I just got an erection. This is great news (the Fortress project, not my hard on: I've had far more erections in this city than Fortress ever has).
     
     
  #8819  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 10:57 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
I am a typical
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 39,065
Haven't we all.

Next Wednesday. I have marked the calendar.
     
     
  #8820  
Old Posted May 14, 2013, 12:19 AM
factis factis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 121
Looking forward to watching it fill in the skyline.


Last edited by factis; May 14, 2013 at 1:41 AM.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:19 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.