HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #8821  
Old Posted May 7, 2013, 6:17 PM
KnoxfordGuy's Avatar
KnoxfordGuy KnoxfordGuy is offline
New Brunswick booster!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Posts: 2,241
Very exciting news! Where is it right now?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8822  
Old Posted May 8, 2013, 3:21 PM
Peter_johnns Peter_johnns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miramichi NB
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxfordGuy View Post
Very exciting news! Where is it right now?
In a shed at the port in the lower west side I believe.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8823  
Old Posted May 9, 2013, 11:41 PM
Peter_johnns Peter_johnns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miramichi NB
Posts: 263
There has increasingly been news reports about immigration to NB from other areas of the world, citing that most of them are going to SJ. I wonder how many of these immigrants are staying in the city rather than heading to Central Canada...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8824  
Old Posted May 12, 2013, 12:42 AM
kwajo's Avatar
kwajo kwajo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Uptown, Saint John
Posts: 1,686
I've refrained from posting about it until now, but the Ward 3 by-election is coming up on Monday and I want to encourage everyone who reads this forum [and their friends and family] who is eligible to go vote. Voter turnout has been extremely poor for municipal elections lately, and I want to see that turn around, especially in our most urban - and most important - neighbourhoods.

I must admit though, this is partially a self-serving message, as I am a candidate in the election.

So please, go vote!


From Blue Rock, With Love by darkharbour, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8825  
Old Posted May 12, 2013, 12:32 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,367


Well, your veil of anonymity has been lifted kwajo, now we all know who you are......

Interesting, a good friend of mine is a GP in Sackville and his name is Graeme Stewart too, same spelling, but no hyphenation.

Good luck in the upcoming election. I'm sure you would be an excellent city councillor. You are following in a tradition of political involvement by SSP forumers. Waye Mason was elected to council in the last HRM election, and spastin placed second in his district in the same election.

If I was in Saint John, I would vote for you!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8826  
Old Posted May 12, 2013, 4:41 PM
DreDay's Avatar
DreDay DreDay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo View Post
I've refrained from posting about it until now, but the Ward 3 by-election is coming up on Monday and I want to encourage everyone who reads this forum [and their friends and family] who is eligible to go vote. Voter turnout has been extremely poor for municipal elections lately, and I want to see that turn around, especially in our most urban - and most important - neighbourhoods.

I must admit though, this is partially a self-serving message, as I am a candidate in the election.

So please, go vote!


From Blue Rock, With Love by darkharbour, on Flickr

Do you have a website?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8827  
Old Posted May 12, 2013, 5:16 PM
cdnguys cdnguys is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,397
Good luck - I like your answer about 4 plex in TJ article. I know my family will be voting for you as we have last time
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8828  
Old Posted May 12, 2013, 8:12 PM
Peter_johnns Peter_johnns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miramichi NB
Posts: 263
Good luck, you are the only truly credible candidate. If you don't win it will be because of old boys' club politics... sadly typical for NB city councils
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8829  
Old Posted May 12, 2013, 9:24 PM
Wolkenkratzerliebhab Wolkenkratzerliebhab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 334
I hope you win, your just what Saint John needs, an honest person who really cares about the city's best interests at heart. . Good luck!

Last edited by Wolkenkratzerliebhab; May 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8830  
Old Posted May 13, 2013, 2:08 PM
Ire Narissis Ire Narissis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 600
Yes, please defeat Michelle Hooton. I can't express in words the extent of my distaste for her.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8831  
Old Posted May 14, 2013, 10:52 PM
Wolkenkratzerliebhab Wolkenkratzerliebhab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 334
Two photos I shot today of the progress of a new commercial building being constructed on the old Rothesay Road in Saint John, near the Irving station.


2013-05-14 16.49.30 by I'm Me, Who are You?, on Flickr


2013-05-14 16.50.00 by I'm Me, Who are You?, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8832  
Old Posted May 16, 2013, 9:38 PM
Peter_johnns Peter_johnns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miramichi NB
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolkenkratzerliebhab View Post
I hope you win, your just what Saint John needs, an honest person who really cares about the city's best interests at hear. Good luck!
Exact opposite of the type of person who got elected..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8833  
Old Posted May 17, 2013, 1:40 PM
Whaler's Avatar
Whaler Whaler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 223
Actually, it was a very good election win for Saint John!
Finally we have someone with the experience and background to be on council.
We don't need lawyers or teachers......we need business people.
This is what won in this case!

Last edited by Whaler; May 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8834  
Old Posted May 17, 2013, 2:53 PM
Fischbob's Avatar
Fischbob Fischbob is offline
New Brunswick Urbanite
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Saint John, NB
Posts: 801
I don't know much else about Lowe, but I do know he's been on PAC and was also part of the Citizens' Advisory Committee for PlanSJ. This suggests he might be someone who 'gets it' when it comes to planning issues. Hopefully this is indeed the case!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8835  
Old Posted May 17, 2013, 6:04 PM
DreDay's Avatar
DreDay DreDay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 55
Just read an article that Lowe has nothing special to bring to council, except that he's going to push to development the vacant lots around the city..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8836  
Old Posted May 17, 2013, 7:26 PM
Peter_johnns Peter_johnns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Miramichi NB
Posts: 263
Lowe has no experience relevant to the job in this day and age. Is he educated? No, he just had a few shabby businesses.
He was quoted in the CBC saying "what they said was garbage"...very articulate...

He is just another Susan Fullerton, looking out for his own business interests.
NO idea how he won by so much.
Stewart- Robertson is an environmental geographer— that is the type of people council needs.
But please, prove me wrong, Lowe
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8837  
Old Posted May 17, 2013, 8:39 PM
ricker ricker is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDay View Post
Just read an article that Lowe has nothing special to bring to council, except that he's going to push to development the vacant lots around the city..

I believe he should have a chance to prove his worth on council!
Hopefully he will be a team player and help keep things moveing in the right direction!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8838  
Old Posted May 18, 2013, 3:17 AM
Wolkenkratzerliebhab Wolkenkratzerliebhab is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_johnns View Post
Lowe has no experience relevant to the job in this day and age. Is he educated? No, he just had a few shabby businesses.
He was quoted in the CBC saying "what they said was garbage"...very articulate...

He is just another Susan Fullerton, looking out for his own business interests.
NO idea how he won by so much.
Stewart- Robertson is an environmental geographer— that is the type of people council needs.
But please, prove me wrong, Lowe
Susan Fullerton is a personal friend of mine. An interesting person to be sure, but as a public servant I would never vote for her. In fact, I didn't.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8839  
Old Posted May 18, 2013, 3:49 AM
DreDay's Avatar
DreDay DreDay is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_johnns View Post
Lowe has no experience relevant to the job in this day and age. Is he educated? No, he just had a few shabby businesses.
He was quoted in the CBC saying "what they said was garbage"...very articulate...

He is just another Susan Fullerton, looking out for his own business interests.
NO idea how he won by so much.
Stewart- Robertson is an environmental geographer— that is the type of people council needs.
But please, prove me wrong, Lowe

Agreed, hopefully he does something with the job.. I guess we'll see..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8840  
Old Posted May 20, 2013, 1:37 PM
Whaler's Avatar
Whaler Whaler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 223
It appears as though some folks on here have no idea who Gerry is?
He has had many successfull businesses. If you know him even a little bit you wouldn't be making those comments.
I have known him for many years as well as some of the other canidates.
You all just watch......

Last edited by Whaler; May 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:06 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.