Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Write
DAMNIT I didn't get before photos to preserve the history of the station #$#$@#$$#@$$$@#%#$@#$
|
Thankfully there was me.

The moment I realized just how different and how old the network was compared to anything else I had ever seen I started collecting images and taking photos.
As for photos of Main Street, I have a few of them I took last summer.

(Which is a contrast from
this.)

(Which is a contrast from
this.)
I also grab anything I find that was related to the SkyTrain project or the Mark I or older UTDC Linear Induction trains and stuff it
in this photobucket folder which I try to update regularly but now that I'm out of the city won't see much updated activity. I recommend everyone take a look at least.
I still want to find more photos of when Main Street was the demonstration station. I can't find anything showing how the ticket hall originally looked or what the train (most likely a mock-up?) opposite the test track looked like.
Quote:
|
It looked like a model station before the Plaza 88 development came along, with up escalators at both platforms, among other things. Now, it feels more like a messed up hod-podge of dark and mysterious corridors, especially on the northwest side.
|
I've visited New West station three or four times and saw the redevelopment from when they were clearing the surrounding block to when it was completed. The ticket concourse felt narrow from the start but now that both sides fan out it makes it feel like it's this thing stuffed under the tracks with a white and green color theme that doesn't match up to the surrounding development at all. It just feels so weird looking at the once open (to the air) station and now seeing it completely covered over by surrounding buildings.

they could of at least extended the station roof to the end like they did with Broadway during the renovations there as to remove those ugly "kludge lights"