HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #621  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 12:17 AM
Robg Robg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 31
To the point about Starbucks I heard the same about the stavanger locations as well they hope to have more than 10 locations in the cma in the next few years
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #622  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 4:51 AM
Arrakis Arrakis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,353
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/883948_10151333510621616_1390311740_o.jpg

The old Zellers reno is moving along pretty quickly. The entire side is gone getting ready to build onto the west side of the building facing Kents. Looking forward to seeing the finished building. Apologies for the crappy photo. Weather wasn't too nice that day.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #623  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 1:57 PM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
Wow! That's moving along quickly!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #624  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 8:27 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,324
At mall. Jump+ opens tomorrow.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #625  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 5:52 PM
statbass statbass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
At mall. Jump+ opens tomorrow.
I was at the mall today and popped into Jump+. It's a pretty decent store, it's pretty much a smaller scale Apple Store. There's nothing there that you wouldn't be able to get at, say, Futureshop or Best Buy, but it's nice to have another option for competition purposes (i.e. sales). One big plus is that Jump+ does in-store servicing on Apple products - the only location on the island as far as I know. No need to send your iPhone or iPad away anymore.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #626  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 6:04 PM
mrjanejacobs's Avatar
mrjanejacobs mrjanejacobs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
I was at the mall today and popped into Jump+. It's a pretty decent store, it's pretty much a smaller scale Apple Store. There's nothing there that you wouldn't be able to get at, say, Futureshop or Best Buy, but it's nice to have another option for competition purposes (i.e. sales). One big plus is that Jump+ does in-store servicing on Apple products - the only location on the island as far as I know. No need to send your iPhone or iPad away anymore.
Wow - that's awesome. That's going to draw a lot of business. Purchasing AppleCare in NL until now was almost a waste of money.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #627  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 6:18 PM
PoscStudent's Avatar
PoscStudent PoscStudent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. John's
Posts: 3,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
I was at the mall today and popped into Jump+. It's a pretty decent store, it's pretty much a smaller scale Apple Store. There's nothing there that you wouldn't be able to get at, say, Futureshop or Best Buy, but it's nice to have another option for competition purposes (i.e. sales). One big plus is that Jump+ does in-store servicing on Apple products - the only location on the island as far as I know. No need to send your iPhone or iPad away anymore.
MUN has a service area for Apple now. I'm not sure if it is just for students and I don't know what they fix.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #628  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 6:20 PM
mrjanejacobs's Avatar
mrjanejacobs mrjanejacobs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
MUN has a service area for Apple now. I'm not sure if it is just for students and I don't know what they fix.
I tried having my Macbook pro serviced while I was home once and they wouldn't help me because I wasn't a MUN student. Unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #629  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 6:22 PM
PoscStudent's Avatar
PoscStudent PoscStudent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. John's
Posts: 3,817
Odd, I wouldn't think they'd have enough business to turn away people like that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #630  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 6:24 PM
statbass statbass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
Odd, I wouldn't think they'd have enough business to turn away people like that.
Hmm... maybe it's university policy?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #631  
Old Posted Mar 24, 2013, 7:41 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Nice to hear about Starbucks expansion in St. John's. I remember back when there was only 1 store which no one ever went to, and now it seems like everyone loves it. It'd probably be nice to have a stand alone store downtown, as well as one in the west end of St. John's, and one in Mount Pearl to compliment the newer stores on the east end. Also, a location in the airport is a given, hopefully one will pop up once the terminal expansion is done.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #632  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 1:44 PM
Arrakis Arrakis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,353
As far as I know MUN computer services will only repair your mac if it's under warranty with Apple. They are not obligated to fix it if the warranty has expired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
MUN has a service area for Apple now. I'm not sure if it is just for students and I don't know what they fix.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #633  
Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 5:57 PM
PoscStudent's Avatar
PoscStudent PoscStudent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. John's
Posts: 3,817
The Apple service centre at Mun is no longer a registered service provider by Apple. Probably due to Jump Plus.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #634  
Old Posted Apr 6, 2013, 3:31 PM
Arrakis Arrakis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,353
Good to know. Thanks for the update my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
The Apple service centre at Mun is no longer a registered service provider by Apple. Probably due to Jump Plus.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #635  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 1:05 AM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,711
Golf Town is having a job fair this weekend at the Holiday Inn

Quote:
The new Golf Town store in St. John's, Newfoundland is hosting a job fair on Friday April 12 (3:00 pm - 7:00 pm) and Saturday April 13 (10:00 am - 2:00 pm) at the St. John's Holiday Inn (180 Portugal Cove Road, St. John's, Newfoundland)
http://stjohns.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-sales-re...Johns-Friday-Saturday-W0QQAdIdZ472574491

The Source is opening a new store in CBS (I'm assuming it's CBS could be in bay roberts or something? but it's in the St. John's jobs section :S)

Quote:
NEW STORE OPENING IN:
Conception Bay

Now Hiring:
Sales Associates
Full Time & Part Time
http://stjohns.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-sales-re...-Bay-Sales-Associates-W0QQAdIdZ472944262

also there's a lot of ads for an outdoor sporting store called Atmosphere .. it could already be there but it's not something I'd notice. Anyways it's in the Village mall

on another note did anyone notice the new bedroom store in the Avalon mall? it's called "Quilts etc." .. looks nice
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #636  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 1:16 AM
PoscStudent's Avatar
PoscStudent PoscStudent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. John's
Posts: 3,817
Atmosphere is part of Sport Chek.

There is a sign up in what was Athletes World in the mall saying they are closed for renovations and opening up under a different name that I can't remember. Our shopping experience is going to improve though, well according to the sign.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #637  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 1:27 AM
Trevor3 Trevor3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
Atmosphere is part of Sport Chek.

There is a sign up in what was Athletes World in the mall saying they are closed for renovations and opening up under a different name that I can't remember. Our shopping experience is going to improve though, well according to the sign.
Intersport I believe it's called, which sounds much less inspired than Athlete's World. Corner Brook is supposedly changing over as well, I really have to take a trip in there soon and see what's up with Target etc...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #638  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
statbass statbass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor3 View Post
Intersport I believe it's called, which sounds much less inspired than Athlete's World. Corner Brook is supposedly changing over as well, I really have to take a trip in there soon and see what's up with Target etc...
I just checked out their website, it looks as if they're aligned more towards sport apparel and equipment; very similar to SportChek and I would assume a competitor. I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Here's the website: http://www.intersport.ca/en/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #639  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 5:19 PM
rwspencer38 rwspencer38 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 106
Intersport is part of the Sportchek family, as was Atheletes World. All of those companies fall under the FGL Ltd family (Forzani Group) with Sportchek and Atmosphere being their flagship stores. Kind of a Futureshop/Bestbuy sorta thing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #640  
Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 5:25 PM
statbass statbass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwspencer38 View Post
Intersport is part of the Sportchek family, as was Atheletes World. All of those companies fall under the FGL Ltd family (Forzani Group) with Sportchek and Atmosphere being their flagship stores. Kind of a Futureshop/Bestbuy sorta thing.
Ah, right on. Making their own competition.. lol.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:12 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.