HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #161  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 1:55 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
A la' commitment du previousia! (that's "previous commitment" in some kind of spanish-ish french-ish hybrid I just made up.) Plus, I don't drink
we don't all drink when we go lol it's more just to meet up
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #162  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 1:59 PM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
we don't all drink when we go lol it's more just to meet up
Oh I know it's more of a meeting and not about the drinking, but I can't make it tonight. Maybe some other time!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #163  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 2:09 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
Oh I know it's more of a meeting and not about the drinking, but I can't make it tonight. Maybe some other time!
LIES AND DECEIT!!!!
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #164  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 2:12 PM
Ayreonaut's Avatar
Ayreonaut Ayreonaut is offline
EVDS MPlan Grad
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 11,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Is not drinking a new thing or are people just talking about it more? I probably know more people who don't than do these days.
Everyone I know who doesn't drink has made that decision because they've already drank enough for two lifetimes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #165  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 10:30 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328
 

Here. :-)
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #166  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 10:50 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328
What a gorgeous evening!!!
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #167  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 11:47 PM
RyeJay RyeJay is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
Everyone I know who doesn't drink has made that decision because they've already drank enough for two lifetimes.
Most people I know who don't drink have made the decision due to a preference of 420.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #168  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 12:26 AM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328
We have Ayeronaut, Jeddy, Copes, his roomate from Quito, and I. We are at the Duke. Come on done!
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #169  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 2:57 AM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328
Meet has moved to Velvet for drag show. With three VERY straight guys. Hilarious.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #170  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 10:45 AM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Meet has moved to Velvet for drag show. With three VERY straight guys. Hilarious.
Sounds hilarious/amazing
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #171  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 11:19 AM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328
It was awesome. St. John's has some pretty talented drag queens, it seems. Jessica Lopez was truly amazing.

And Copes' roomate has MOVES. I turned around for a second, and he's over sitting at a table chatting up some girl.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #172  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 3:29 PM
Ayreonaut's Avatar
Ayreonaut Ayreonaut is offline
EVDS MPlan Grad
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 11,113
I just found $70 worth of receipts in my pocket and there wasn't one from Velvet. So... ~$85 night? At least 14 drinks. Feeling reasonably well today. It looks gorgeous out so I'll be going for a walk shortly to get some fresh air.

Cheers to another fine meet, guys!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #173  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 3:43 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328
Yeah - a good night out seems to be getting cheaper rather than more expensive?

I think I may have spent a little less even than you. Including tips, I only spent about $45 at the Duke and $40 at Velvet.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #174  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 8:29 PM
JHikka's Avatar
JHikka JHikka is offline
ハルウララ
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,853
Sounds like you guys had a blast! Now I really need to get to St. John's sooner rather than later
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #175  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 11:25 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
The jealousy in me grows slightly more after each forum meet I'd love to slam some pints and go see a drag show (despite being straight as well), I think it'd be amazing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #176  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2013, 11:39 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,711
here's the drag performance

only me and signal saw this one but here it is


• Video Link


this is her .. it's kind of hard to see with the lighting:
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #177  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 11:17 AM
Copes's Avatar
Copes Copes is offline
Millennial Ascendancy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
I just found $70 worth of receipts in my pocket and there wasn't one from Velvet. So... ~$85 night? At least 14 drinks. Feeling reasonably well today. It looks gorgeous out so I'll be going for a walk shortly to get some fresh air.

Cheers to another fine meet, guys!
You went for a walk? I crawled out of bed at 2:00 and didn't leave my house until far later.

Damn it Jack Daniels Honey...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #178  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 11:25 AM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
You went for a walk? I crawled out of bed at 2:00 and didn't leave my house until far later.

Damn it Jack Daniels Honey...
I went for a walk too.. more like a hike from my house through DT up the signal hill trails then to the geocentre .. took about 3 and a half hours but a nice morning
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #179  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 11:33 AM
Copes's Avatar
Copes Copes is offline
Millennial Ascendancy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,086
Morning? Morning? I missed Saturday morning. I almost missed Saturday afternoon.

My first drinking forum meet could be considered a success.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #180  
Old Posted Mar 25, 2013, 12:01 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328


We should do something wacky for the next forum meet. Photo trip to Cape Spear or hike to the top of Southside Hills from Fort Amherst or something. Pack a lunch with one beer.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:36 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.