Quote:
Originally Posted by halifaxboyns
The one thing I'm disappointed about with the building on the corner is the street interface. It could have been better...but when I think overall; I'm okay with some compromise on it.
|
In the rendering it shows storefronts along Brunswick and about half of the Cogswell facade. That blank wall in the picture above is in the rendering too but it only goes for the back half of the Cogswell side:
http://www.citadelhotelmakeover.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/2-EXTRA-STOREYS-cornerwBrand12.jpg
If you look closely in the bus windows you can see some of the window shapes on the section of the wall closer to Brunswick St. Not the greatest way to deal with the hill but it is OK -- only maybe 1/6 blank wall.
I am curious about what the nondescript beige cladding on the lower sections of the buildings will be. Hopefully it will be something like brick instead of stucco or precast. Some of the renderings do show a brick-like texture on the light grey and beige parts of the building.