HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3061  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 10:10 PM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
What? I was talking about Toronto. I used to live there, and my entire family is in the Golden Horseshoe (ish)

When I visit Winnipeg it will def be in Summer! I wanna see CMHR. So I'll prolly go next summer.
keep me posted i can give u a tour
     
     
  #3062  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 10:14 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Thanks 1ajs! Hopefully I can meet a few of the Winnipeg guys while I'm there!
     
     
  #3063  
Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 10:22 PM
lake of the nations's Avatar
lake of the nations lake of the nations is offline
Utilisateur enregistré
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Posts: 2,044
One of the two old Jack Spratt factories we have in Sherbrooke is being turned into a commercial building. The addition of residential floors above it could be the next step.


JackSpratt3 by lake of the nations, on Flickr
     
     
  #3064  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 12:31 AM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,344
March 15, 2013

Fortis Place (left) and 351 (centre):



Fortis Place:

     
     
  #3065  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 3:52 AM
thmx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hamilton - Night Photo Update

Content removed
     
     
  #3066  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2013, 2:55 PM
Andrewjm3D's Avatar
Andrewjm3D Andrewjm3D is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,702
CMHR is looking great. What will they be populating it with for the patrons to view?
     
     
  #3067  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 2:55 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Roccabella u/c (The tallest building under construction in Montreal in more than 20 years).



Duelling Sales centres


photos by joelB on mtlurb
     
     
  #3068  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 3:22 PM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
THat grey sheet metal or whatever it is on the Bell Centre has not aged well. Fortunatley the Tour des Canadiens will hide it from this angle. Although the side facing St. Antoine Street is even worse.
     
     
  #3069  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 3:29 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
Although the side facing St. Antoine Street is even worse.
Fortunately, this facade will be largely obscured by the future CF projects. Soon enough the ugly sides of the Bell centre will no longer be relevant to the urban landscape. The only exception will be the Bell's eastern facade, which will be visible from the Windsor/Deloitte courtyard, and which I quite like.


http://www.ibigroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ibi-bell-centre-qc-01.jpg
     
     
  #3070  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 4:15 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Altitude march 17, 2013


The crane for Flex condos (It's only 10 storeys)


Griffintown starting to rise




Evolo (31 fl) is topped out, its sibling (30 fl) is rising right next to it.
     
     
  #3071  
Old Posted Mar 18, 2013, 10:28 PM
thmx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hamilton Update

Content removed
     
     
  #3072  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 2:10 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Really cool little building going up in Ottawa! Gotham - 53 meters





     
     
  #3073  
Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 4:03 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Bremner Tower by me

     
     
  #3074  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 2:20 AM
thmx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hamilton Update

Content removed
     
     
  #3075  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 3:23 AM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
Pearl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenGT2 View Post
     
     
  #3076  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 5:14 AM
leftimage leftimage is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MTL
Posts: 786
I freaking love the look of pine trees in a city; wish Montreal had more of them to compliment our gorgeous deciduous mix.

Did I just say gorgeous deciduous mix?
     
     
  #3077  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 5:40 AM
thmx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Content removed
     
     
  #3078  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 12:57 PM
Andrewjm3D's Avatar
Andrewjm3D Andrewjm3D is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftimage View Post
I freaking love the look of pine trees in a city; wish Montreal had more of them to compliment our gorgeous deciduous mix.

Did I just say gorgeous deciduous mix?

LOL, yes you did. I wish the same for Toronto. I never understood why the only ever plant deciduous trees on the city streets here. Are they possibly more prone to damage from salt compared to pines? There most be a logical reason for it.
     
     
  #3079  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 1:27 PM
Beedok Beedok is offline
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewjm3D View Post
LOL, yes you did. I wish the same for Toronto. I never understood why the only ever plant deciduous trees on the city streets here. Are they possibly more prone to damage from salt compared to pines? There most be a logical reason for it.
They turn the soil acidic and then very few non-conifers can grow in it.
     
     
  #3080  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2013, 3:16 PM
Kevin_foster's Avatar
Kevin_foster Kevin_foster is offline
Kevin Folds Five
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 6,072
It sure keeps everything green though in the middle of winter.

Plus, they hold the snow really nice
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:33 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.