Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANSIT
System is not where the people are. Consequently, we are forced to plan for and implement TOD in places (most) we shouldn't be.
RTD is so consumed by FasTracks they are ignoring their bread-and-butter, bus.
|
It could be a lot worse. I love criticizing RTD, but that's because from where RTD is I can imagine something better. Where I am now I can't really even see a functioning transit system from the reality of what it is now. Getting to the parks from downtown on bus is a 3 hour proposition at the very least. There is no connection from the airport to the parks or downtown and no plans to ever have them save for a hodgepodge of different entities building thrown together rail systems that even if built will require at least 1 transfer (on different systems) to get from the airport to downtown or the parks. The one rail system they are building now is akin to building a person with a spine only. It goes to a couple sorta important places but it doesn't really link any two large destinations in the city at all. (I have to add that this is my impression of pretty much every other city I've ever visited that isn't in the northeast or named San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago or Los Angeles.
RTD should be embarrassed, ashamed, held accountable and should, more than 10 years ago, have fixed not having a 20th century method for people to pay fares. I can only assume that this will be fixed by the time coastal elites who already mock Denver visit and try to take the train without cash or meticulous planning before they arrive. It would really 🞵🞵🞵🞵 for their derision and smug haughtiness to actually be appropriate for once. Same for RTD's treatment, fear, and accommodation to the People's Republic; it's a joke.
But again, viable, great and not perfect is still viable and great which is a lot more than any other city of Denver's size (and a great many larger cities)
can boast.