HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #441  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 6:10 PM
Copes's Avatar
Copes Copes is offline
Millennial Ascendancy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post

How'd you do it? I'm considering BB10 as my next phone...
It had to do with my work email's connection to the server. Took me forever to figure out, with minimal help from Telus, Blackberry, or work IT. But yeah, I altered how my phone was connecting to the email server (used POP instead of IMAC) and it now works fine.

Next time we're out I'll let you play with it and send some texts and see what you think if you're considering it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #442  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 6:16 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,341
Sounds good.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #443  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 6:21 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
no way!

Then you're a smarter man than I, ha! I knew it wasn't Segway like that lazy walking machine - but I had no idea.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #444  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 6:24 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
google confirms you're correct

In other immediately important news: I'm headed out to the liquor store shortly. I need ideas guys!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #445  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 6:25 PM
Ayreonaut's Avatar
Ayreonaut Ayreonaut is offline
EVDS MPlan Grad
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 11,113
I knew how to spell segue!!

(and I logged in just to post this )
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #446  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 6:29 PM
Ayreonaut's Avatar
Ayreonaut Ayreonaut is offline
EVDS MPlan Grad
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 11,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
In other immediately important news: I'm headed out to the liquor store shortly. I need ideas guys!
My best friend in town broke up with his girlfriend (my other best friend in town) and moved in with me yesterday. Our drink for the night was moonshine. I imagine you're not looking for something that's 80% though?

We also had Guinness Black Lager (first time trying it; decent burnt flavour but I prefer the regular stout version) and Hoegaarden. Also, I can't remember if you said you tried it or if you found it, but Big Rock Trad is a nice-drinking beer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #447  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 6:34 PM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
Good Lord, people! I was gone for a day and now I have spent the last 45 minutes catching up hahaha! Great to have both new members aboard

And I'll just say I agree with 90% of everything that was discussed on this forum in the past 24 hours to save me the effort of responding to everything
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #448  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 6:36 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
My best friend in town broke up with his girlfriend (my other best friend in town) and moved in with me yesterday. Our drink for the night was moonshine. I imagine you're not looking for something that's 80% though?

We also had Guinness Black Lager (first time trying it; decent burnt flavour but I prefer the regular stout version) and Hoegaarden. Also, I can't remember if you said you tried it or if you found it, but Big Rock Trad is a nice-drinking beer.
Thanks. I didn't recall seeing it the last time I was there but considering how great Granville Island has treated me lately I'll put this on the list.

Also the shine may be a bit much considering I'll be drinking alone. Although my first time in Charlottetown a few years ago some of the UPEI students brought bottles of moonshine to our banquet (which was in a SUPER nice resort). After dark we all huddled up outside the chalet in our suits and cocktail dresses passing around the bottle Having to drive to Halifax the next morning was the worst experience of my life.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #449  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 7:17 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Couldn't find any Big Rock, or anything that really caught my attention so I just got a case of Keiths Red.

Related note: the Uni. Avenue liquor store has to change up its staff. I didn't get ID'd because she remembers me as "that young guy from Newfoundland". I'm embarrassed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #450  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 7:24 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,341


Wait until you see the log book she's keeping of how much you drink.

*****

Hope the situation with your friends works our positively, Ayer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #451  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 7:29 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,341
The Northeast Avalon (including the entire St. John's Metro):


Commander Hadfield - Twitter
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #452  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 7:30 PM
Ayreonaut's Avatar
Ayreonaut Ayreonaut is offline
EVDS MPlan Grad
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 11,113
I forgot that we got asked for ID yesterday! So weird for me at the Sobey's liquor store. My friend's mom was so happy that I was able to let him move in that she said she'd buy my beer for the night (via him). So I was about to pay when he's like "no, don't pay! Remember my mom said she was buying our beer tonight." And the girl was like "uhh, if you're talking about your mom buying you beer I might need to see some ID."

I haven't shaved in a while, so I'm sure I don't look younger than I am (when I shave people guess anywhere from 18 to 22 or so, if I don't shave I often get 23-27). My friend was unshaven and is 6'5, which would be pretty impressive for an 18-year-old.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #453  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2013, 7:32 PM
Marty_Mcfly's Avatar
Marty_Mcfly Marty_Mcfly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 7,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayreonaut View Post
I forgot that we got asked for ID yesterday! So weird for me at the Sobey's liquor store. My friend's mom was so happy that I was able to let him move in that she said she'd buy my beer for the night (via him). So I was about to pay when he's like "no, don't pay! Remember my mom said she was buying our beer tonight." And the girl was like "uhh, if you're talking about your mom buying you beer I might need to see some ID."

I haven't shaved in a while, so I'm sure I don't look younger than I am (when I shave people guess anywhere from 18 to 22 or so, if I don't shave I often get 23-27). My friend was unshaven and is 6'5, which would be pretty impressive for an 18-year-old.
oh god
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #454  
Old Posted Mar 3, 2013, 12:23 AM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
Awesome Picture, Signal! Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #455  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 5:01 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,341
RE: Jeddy and I trying to move posts to the Restaurant thread at the same time...

You guys and gals want another laugh?

As mods, the Edit button on your posts, which we'd click to edit your post if we had to, is pretty much where the Quote button used to be.

At least 10 times a day we almost edit your posts in trying to reply to them.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #456  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 6:11 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,341
Posted to a discussion about density on Happy City St. John's FB page:

• Video Link
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #457  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 12:06 AM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
I guess seeing how this is the off topic thread, it would be the best place for me to tell you all about a strange dream I had last night involving St. John's..

They were taking Atlantic Place apart and they were going to build tall skinny modern towers with huge, grand heritage facades on the front.. the only bad part was I woke up thinking it was true and I was excited.. facepalm xD

If only!

(I have alot of strange dreams just so you all know haha)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #458  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 12:40 AM
Architype's Avatar
Architype Architype is offline
♒︎ verified human
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 🍁 Canada
Posts: 14,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
I guess seeing how this is the off topic thread, it would be the best place for me to tell you all about a strange dream I had last night involving St. John's..

They were taking Atlantic Place apart and they were going to build tall skinny modern towers with huge, grand heritage facades on the front.. the only bad part was I woke up thinking it was true and I was excited.. facepalm xD

If only!

(I have alot of strange dreams just so you all know haha)
Sounds nice, are you sure it wasn't C Chafe's 23 storey proposal?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #459  
Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 12:48 AM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
Sounds nice, are you sure it wasn't C Chafe's 23 storey proposal?
Nope, t'was Atlantic Place
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #460  
Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 5:17 PM
Copes's Avatar
Copes Copes is offline
Millennial Ascendancy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,086
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:43 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.