Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodo Regina Lover
A couple of weeks ago we went to view the condos at Canterbury and we asked the sales agent if the high-rise was still a possibility and she said it was. She mentioned that it would go between Canterbury Common ( the condos that are being built along Badham Blvd)and the seniors complex being developed now. I don't really know how big that piece of property is but I'm pretty sure that's what she stated to us. As to the location of this high-rise, I agree with these being built more in the core of the city but I think this particular location was chosen as it would have fabulous views of Wascana Centre and of course that includes lake views, which would be pretty awesome!!
|
I was at city hall maybe five years ago when the developer was obtaining planning approval for the Anglican Archdiocese property. There were presentations made about the need to preserve the heritage value of the existing buildings and trees which has been done quite well so far I think. As far as the condo tower goes, I think the initial plan was to have it right on Broad St. But development near Wascana Centre is a touchy issue, as the integrity of the park is regarded to extend beyond its physical boundaries. So the developer was directed to relocate the tower to the eastern edge of Archdiocese property so it wouldn't loom over Wascana Centre.