HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1961  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2013, 3:58 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Happened to notice this one on mturb, posted by memeber sanctot



Its le 21e arrondissement project
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1962  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2013, 4:17 PM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
It is not hideous, but it's not really great either. This lot deserves something more bold.
__________________
Montreal Skyline Photo Group
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1963  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2013, 5:09 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
^Yup, which brings us back to our prior discussion about Rotterdam. Shame really. Will the current architecture be viewed by future generations in the same way we view the monsters of the Concordia ghetto?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1964  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2013, 2:39 AM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
^Yup, which brings us back to our prior discussion about Rotterdam. Shame really. Will the current architecture be viewed by future generations in the same way we view the monsters of the Concordia ghetto?
I hope not! If they moved away from making every building a bland shoebox with glass balconies, it would already make things more interesting.

A project like Le Seville is great for the area and does not look horrible. However, like anything, I do not want this same idea to be copy and pasted all over the city (just because I liked it the first time does not mean I'll like it the 20th time). It is not necessarily a Montreal thing, this seems to be what we do in Canada. In Toronto, nearly identical glass condo towers have flooded the city. CityPlace is composed exclusively of them, and I can't think of a spot in central Toronto that would be more depressing to live in.
__________________
Montreal Skyline Photo Group
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1965  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2013, 2:42 AM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
2010-2012 (this sign should be protected)

Villeray et Henri-Julien, 2010 et presque 2013 by Bo No Bo, on Flickr
__________________
Montreal Skyline Photo Group
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1966  
Old Posted Jan 24, 2013, 1:56 AM
uqam+ uqam+ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montréal
Posts: 88
"Ambiance européenne", disent les promoteurs. C'est fou comme on emploie le mot "européen", en Amérique du Nord, pour vendre des trucs ordinaires à des parvenus qui ne voient pas la différence.

Un restaurant face à l'UQAM prétend par exemple servir de la "cuisine européenne". Comme s'il n'y avait pas 36 cuisines européennes différentes... En fait, ce restaurant est tout à fait banal, mauvais.

Le projet présenté ici est en réalité très ordinaire, surtout si on le contraste en effet avec les photos de Rotterdam. Il fait plutôt "européen" dans le sens "banlieue moche de Paris"... Le vieux-Montréal mérite mieux.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1967  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 5:13 AM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
On peut voir les condos Flex et Viva Lofts dans ce photo.

Downtown Montreal #winter #cold #montreal by JCV - José Carlos Valencia, on Flickr
__________________
Montreal Skyline Photo Group
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1968  
Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 6:13 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
^Oh dear. Not so flattering.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1969  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 9:48 PM
Mamiamato24's Avatar
Mamiamato24 Mamiamato24 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 240
I saw the sign for a condo project called "400 DOWD"
Should a thread be made?
It's currently U/C and is estimated to be done in May 2014

http://www.400dowd.com/condos-modernes-montreal.php?s

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...825.74798.340321742704952&type=1&theater
__________________
Canada
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1970  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 9:53 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
^That's a good one alright. There's working on stabilizing the old building as we speak.


Funnily, I can't seem to find the old thread for this project. I know there was one before. maybe it was deleted?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1971  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 9:57 PM
Mamiamato24's Avatar
Mamiamato24 Mamiamato24 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
^That's a good one alright. There's working on stabilizing the old building as we speak.


Funnily, I can't seem to find the old thread for this project. I know there was one before. maybe it was deleted?
Well if it was, I'll make a new one
And would it be considered u/c?
__________________
Canada
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1972  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 10:05 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamiamato24 View Post
Well if it was, I'll make a new one
And would it be considered u/c?
It is not. It is merely site prep. Construction on ssp officially starts when they're building the foundations I believe....or is it when it reaches ground level. Whatever some 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 like that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1973  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 10:06 PM
Mamiamato24's Avatar
Mamiamato24 Mamiamato24 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
It is not. It is merely site prep. Construction on ssp officially starts when they're building the foundations I believe....or is it when it reaches ground level. Whatever some 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 like that.
Alright, then the new thread is u/c
Expected Completion is in around 15-20 mins.
__________________
Canada
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1974  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 10:10 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
^cool!


Btw, can anyone tell me which building this is. I think its Nun's Island, right?


rico rommheim
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89161677@N08/8438423769/in/photostream
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1975  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 10:34 PM
Danse Cité Danse Cité is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
^cool!


Btw, can anyone tell me which building this is. I think its Nun's Island, right?


rico rommheim
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89161677@N08/8438423769/in/photostream
Not obvious. Hard to figure out. Could it be the building going up not too far from Verdun hospital?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1976  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 3:59 AM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
^That's a good one alright. There's working on stabilizing the old building as we speak.


Funnily, I can't seem to find the old thread for this project. I know there was one before. maybe it was deleted?
That is very unusual! I remember the thread as well! Here was the old link, which no longer functions! http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=199836

Here is a cache of it: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...d=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

I think it is probably my fault! A few weeks ago, I was combining threads on the same subject (there used to be two threads on 400 Dowd), and I must have accidentally merged it into this thread! I'm really sorry about that.

Thanks for re-creating the thread Mamiamato24! I'm going to try and track down the old posts on it and place them there if I can find them!

EDIT: I restored the old posts based on what was in the cache! Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'm just relieved I did not delete it. Here is the thread that Mamiamato24 made: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=203854

FYI: Moderators are not supposed to delete posts. Instead, we have a trash forum we can move "trash posts" to.
__________________
Montreal Skyline Photo Group

Last edited by MTLskyline; Feb 3, 2013 at 4:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1977  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 4:01 AM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danse Cité View Post
Not obvious. Hard to figure out. Could it be the building going up not too far from Verdun hospital?
I think you might be right!
__________________
Montreal Skyline Photo Group
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1978  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2013, 5:40 AM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
This photo shows phase 2 of the Quartier A (Tour Alfa - Phase 1 was Tour Alta). This is near the Angrignon metro station.


funnel cloud apparently a rain shaft by Lou Musacchio, on Flickr
__________________
Montreal Skyline Photo Group
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1979  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2013, 2:26 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is online now
Mooderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 21,435
3 fev. 2013

Took these this morning coming in on the train. They are craptaclular phone pics.





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1980  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2013, 9:12 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
^cool pics, I always wondered how the city looked like seen from an incoming train. I bet it looks better noe then it did even a year ago.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:56 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.