Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieDavid Exchange
|
It was state of the art in 1987, I went to many shows back then, but they never upgraded it really, it was bound to happen, heck they were running movies that any other theater ran, not the awsome docus they used to. It was a old IMAX, and IMAX is not gone in this city, we have one at Polo Park btw. It is staying.
I am sure since the old IMAX is set up for a great style convention type setting someone will reno it and it will be like the Met. It is in a great location being right downtown with underground parking.
just remember when Famous players pulled out of Portage Place, we all thought it was the end of the world, now Empire has them and are doing well.
The city is changing in the quadrant, you have to expect this. One out, something new in. And I highly doubt IMAX will run away for good and just leave us with the Polo one. Seeing that we nailed an Ikea, I can see IMAX doing one of their 3d Imax buildings out in one of these area's.