HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2061  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2013, 5:10 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Wait, did understand right, LookupSLC? That no one currently lives in the Westgate lofts? They're completely unoccupied?
     
     
  #2062  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2013, 5:13 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Wait, did understand right, LookupSLC? That no one currently lives in the Westgate lofts? They're completely unoccupied?
He was saying the top floor units are unoccupied.
     
     
  #2063  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2013, 10:06 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
Courthouse crane is currently being taken down. Just an FYI.
     
     
  #2064  
Old Posted Jan 7, 2013, 10:22 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
Courthouse crane is currently being taken down. Just an FYI.
Now we need a new tower crane to replace this one. Maybe we'll see one soon at the 10-story housing development going on on State Street.
     
     
  #2065  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 12:02 AM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
He was saying the top floor units are unoccupied.
Oh okay. And those top for units are the two floors that were built on just few years ago, right? How many units are there, does anyone know?
     
     
  #2066  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 3:55 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Oh okay. And those top for units are the two floors that were built on just few years ago, right? How many units are there, does anyone know?
I think they opened in 2005 ... but not sure how many units.
     
     
  #2067  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 8:09 AM
Jumpur's Avatar
Jumpur Jumpur is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 35
On a random tangent, did anyone watch Iron Chef on Sunday? It featured the owner from a top-of-the-line Salt Lake City restaurant called Forage. Awesomely enough, he won and his food looked incredible. Anyone eaten there before? It looks like its located near Liberty Park, I'm sure it's very expensive though. Anyway, it was pretty cool seeing a Salt Lake City restaurant owner beat Bobby Flay
     
     
  #2068  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 1:25 AM
LookUpSLC's Avatar
LookUpSLC LookUpSLC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SLC
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Oh okay. And those top for units are the two floors that were built on just few years ago, right? How many units are there, does anyone know?
One of the penthouse units was built out as a model. As I recall, there are 10-12 units on that floor.

Some had some pretty cool space allotments.
     
     
  #2069  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 2:22 AM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpur View Post
On a random tangent, did anyone watch Iron Chef on Sunday? It featured the owner from a top-of-the-line Salt Lake City restaurant called Forage. Awesomely enough, he won and his food looked incredible. Anyone eaten there before? It looks like its located near Liberty Park, I'm sure it's very expensive though. Anyway, it was pretty cool seeing a Salt Lake City restaurant owner beat Bobby Flay
Viet Pham. I've never eaten at Forage, but I would LOVE to. Gotta save some pennies...
     
     
  #2070  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 5:03 AM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Here's a fun daily image showing the air quality around the nation. Guess who has been BY FAR the worst in the nation?

http://www.airnow.gov/
     
     
  #2071  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 5:20 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
Here's a fun daily image showing the air quality around the nation. Guess who has been BY FAR the worst in the nation?

http://www.airnow.gov/
We're the only city/metro with a red dot on that whole map.
     
     
  #2072  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 6:10 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
The building I work in is up on the East bench and I get a front row seat of that awesome view of grayness. But on the bright side of that map is we are only Unhealthy and haven't crossed over to Very or Hazardous.
     
     
  #2073  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2013, 3:47 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,771
Fortunately, it will all be washed out tomorrow, and thank goodness in time for Sundance. Hopefully, another longer term inversion won't return again this season. How many days has this one lasted?
     
     
  #2074  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2013, 1:24 AM
SLC-Snoop SLC-Snoop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Hey guys ! New to the board, but have been following and reading it for several months now. Love to learn about the current improvements and growth of our wonderful city of Salt Lake.

Now i dont want to start a political or religious debate here, but Did any of you happen to read the paper today or hear about the newly strict enforcement of this Liqour Law that requires the restaurant guest to order food before they order an Alcoholic beverage. I guess its a Law in Utah that hasn't been enforced at all. Its impactful enough to at least adress it and not run away from it. But I know i've never had a problem with it.

I've been around a while so i remember the bar membership days (which sucked) and i'm so glad we're passed those days.

Never heard of it before. I find it shockingly rediculous, and It really bothers me. Anyway we can cause a stir and get this law changed anytime soon ? Do people really feel it accomplishes anything ?

I feel SLC has made giant steps in the right direction getting rid of the stigma of our whacky liquor laws. If we really want "downtown to rise" and bring in big conventions and large buisiness to relocate here ( Goldman,ebay, adobe etc. ) Then why do we keep doing this to ourselves, stunting our growth and — people off ? Lets get these changed and flood all government leaders with emails demanding change.

Today, it was blowing up all over twitter and causing a real stir with people. I thought we were passed all this. Guess not.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by SLC-Snoop; Jan 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM.
     
     
  #2075  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2013, 1:46 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,640
It's always one step forward, two steps back with alcohol in this state. It's embarrassing because their rationale isn't even sound.
     
     
  #2076  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2013, 2:07 AM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486
TV Commercial of Salt Lake City

I know this is off subject, but has anyone seen a commercial on TV about growth or business in Salt Lake City? I do not remember all the details of the commercial because I missed the first part of it.

The commercial had the skyline of Salt Lake City, as they were talking about it, high rises of different heights were being sketched into the background.

It reminded me of what the guys on this site like to do in their spare time to show what Salt Lake City would/could look like.

Anyway, I just thought it was cool looking and the sketched high rises were pretty tall, doubled the height of what we have now. I wish I could find it and post it for you.
     
     
  #2077  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2013, 4:15 AM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
The commercial is for SLCC. I have seen it but I haven't been able to find it online
     
     
  #2078  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2013, 4:28 AM
jtrent77 jtrent77 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
The commercial is for SLCC. I have seen it but I haven't been able to find it online
here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZgIC69pKjU
     
     
  #2079  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2013, 4:56 AM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486
:previous:



Hey,

thank you jtrent77 and thanks for trying Makid
     
     
  #2080  
Old Posted Jan 10, 2013, 6:32 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,640
Wow. I haven't seen that commercial yet. It goes to show what a few 700 footers would do for the skyline. Even if they never reached that level, I think our skyline could dramatically change with just three or four sizable towers.

Something like that happened in Austin. For years, their skyline wasn't much different than Salt Lake City's:



That was their skyline in the early 00s. This is it today:



It doesn't even look like the same skyline, right? Jealous.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:47 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.