Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley_Refugee
Perhaps, if I may, it is the way you deliver your messages sometimes. Your first response came across scornful and condescending and in a tone that you often take that is very "Oh, Vancouver, you pathetic provincial backwater." Your second message, in which you explained yourself in less inflammatory language, was much more digestible and contributed to a healthy discussion with constructive criticism. I don't think many of us on here are blind Vancouver boosters who can't handle anything said against the city, but criticizing anyone's hometown isn't usually going to go over very well if it's not done respectfully.
|
Thank you for that feedback. I appreciate it.
The first remark I made about the wooden telephones-in-the-chic-shopping- area was scornful, I admit.
However, think of this metaphorically, if you will ......
Vancouver is like a young child growing up to be a stunningly beautiful woman. OK, now, imagine that this princess is invited to the ball, and shows up perfectly coiffed, elegantly dressed, etc etc ..... only wearing her logging boots !!!!!!!!!!
That's a bit like the telephone poles on Alberni Street point I was trying to make.
I love Vancouver. It's one of the really "cool" cities of the world. (just check out the international media of the last 10 years)!
But some things require a little more polish, a little more "finishing school" for the city we all love, and this was just an example, that's all.
Nevertheless, I apologize for being such a high-fallutin' snoot about it, and I hope you'll understand. Thanks.