Quote:
Originally Posted by McC
|
Well now I know what "ORAP" means:
"Ottawa River Action Plan"
Quote:
|
Anyway, there's specific mention of widening Albert by a lane (which I was aware of), but the widening of Scott is not specified, maybe because it's only a wider 4-lane alignment that they have in mind?
|
I think Kitchissippi is right - the section of Scott east of Holland is "tight" for four lanes right now. If they widen it to add, say, a fifth lane for peak direction buses, that space could later be reconfigured for bikes.
I did, but I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
The vehicle requirements of a transit system are related to:
(1) passenger demand
(2) vehicle capacity
(3) system length
(4) vehicle average speed
(5) provision for spares
The O-Train line for instance runs with just two trainsets but since you see each train twice an hour the hourly capacity of the system (pphpd) is twice the combined capacity of the two trains running, or four times that of an individual train.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McC
okay, but that still doesn't answer the primary question: they say at the front of the deck that the requirement is a system with "capacity to grow to 24,000 riders per hour in each direction." and then on the slide where they boast about the Citadis' capacity to grow, they only say that "the system could move over 18,000 passengers per hour in each direction." what am I missing?
|
That might be related to the discussion earlier about 100 m vs 150 m trains; i.e. the system as designed can support 18,000 pphpd but since trains and platforms could be lengthened by 50% they can get up to 24,000 pphpd (though mathematically that comes out to 27,000, which might mean fewer trains running when the platforms are longer).