Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina Boi
Was just wandering if anyone knows when we can expect to see some finalized plans for the new stadium? I'm assuming that we gotta be close to seeing something fairly soon if they want to start construction next year.
|
I wouldn't expect anything soon. The RFP for this P2 project (Design-Build, Finance, but not maintain) has yet to be issued. After that you can anticpate a number of months for firms to respond to the RFP. After the selection process takes place and the project awarded, then the detailed design will begin. I'd be very surprised to see any dirt being moved in 2013.
That's just my jaded opinion, based on many years of seeing projects develop. It's extremely rare to see a project come together quicker than anticipated. I'm also very interested to see how the RFP proponents will be constrained by the preliminary design that was unveiled a couple of months ago. I think that issuance of that potential design did the project no favours. The final design will be primarily driven by cost and, in my opinion, the polycarbonate pantheon has established unrealistic expectations.