HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #941  
Old Posted Mar 20, 2012, 4:44 AM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
Hang on, I'm confused. Which one is a polygamist, Tebow, or Manning?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #942  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 4:51 AM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Hang on, I'm confused. Which one is a polygamist, Tebow, or Manning?
Manning. Tebow is a virgin (and likely homosexual).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #943  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 11:57 AM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
Tebow might be gay? Hadn't heard that one before.

There was a sign yesterday on a bar on Evans - "To win the Super Bowl, we first must sacrifice the virgin." Good stuff.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #944  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 1:49 PM
Brainpathology's Avatar
Brainpathology Brainpathology is offline
of Gnomeregan
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 1,879
Yes obviously everyone knows if you don't get laid by the time you're Tebow's age you're gay.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #945  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 7:16 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainpathology View Post
Yes obviously everyone knows if you don't get laid by the time you're Tebow's age you're gay.
And Tebow is very fond of kissing his teammates on the mouth.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #946  
Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 9:56 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is offline
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
And Tebow is very fond of kissing his teammates on the mouth.
Hey, he really likes his fellow teammates.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #947  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 3:17 PM
Brainpathology's Avatar
Brainpathology Brainpathology is offline
of Gnomeregan
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 1,879
Yeah right.. I know we live in a very enlightened age where everyone in this country considers gay men and women to be absolutely equivalent to straight people but even against this nirvana do you really think an NFL football team would rally around someone the way they did in Denver if they had even the slightest hint that their QB was gay?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #948  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 3:18 PM
Cottonwood Cottonwood is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boise
Posts: 4,500
someone was having a bad day lol


Here is the link to the gallery of destruction.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Law-Street-in-B...-power-pole-143892526.html?gallery=y&c=y



Utah man arrested after driving rampage in SE Boise
by KTVB
KTVB.COM
Posted on March 22, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Updated today at 8:29 AM


http://www.ktvb.com/news/Law-Street-in-Boise-closed-after-truck-hits-power-pole-143892526.html





BOISE -- A Utah man is under arrest for DUI after a wild series of crashes that included three vehicles, a mailbox, trash can, and a powerpole.

Just before 4 p.m., police say Marc Goodwin, 30, of Orem, Utah, was headed east on Boise Avenue when he crashed with a car waiting to turn north on Apple Street.

The witness told police that Goodwin stopped to exchange information then suddenly jumped back into his truck and quickly left the scene. He then rear-ended a minivan that was headed east on Boise Avenue. The man and woman inside the minivan were not hurt.

Police say Goodwin continued driving, ran a red light, and T-boned a Nissan Sentra, which was headed south on Apple Street.

The path of destruction did not end there. As he drove down Boise Avenue, police say Goodwin took out a mailbox and a trash can. He turned onto Law Avenue where he crashed into a powerpole. When police arrived on the scene, the skid marks from his wild ride were still visible along Boise Avenue and Law Avenue.

The 2005 Chevy came to rest in front of Helen B. Lowder Park, near Liberty Elementary School, where children were playing since school had just gotten out. Officers and witnesses on the scene say it is very fortunate nobody else was hurt in the crash.

Witnesses say it appeared Goodwin's head hit the windshield when he crashed into the powerpole. Police say his injuries appeared to be minor and he was alert and talking. He was taken to the hospital, where he was treated and released. Goodwin was not wearing a seatbelt.

Because of the crash, more than 1,000 people in the neighborhood were without power. Idaho Power crews spent hours on the scene working to replace the power pole and repair the power lines Thursday night.

Investigators are looking in to why the man was driving so erratically. Goodwin is behind held in the Ada County Jail. He is charged with DUI and three counts of leaving the scene of an accident.

Police say he had two previouis DUI convictions in the state of California.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #949  
Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 8:26 PM
texcolo's Avatar
texcolo texcolo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 3,919
Anyone ever eat at the Buckhorn Exchange? I never heard about it until I saw it on Man vs. Food. Apparently, I've been less than 2 blocks from it a million times, but have never seen it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #950  
Old Posted Jun 12, 2012, 9:55 PM
bunt_q's Avatar
bunt_q bunt_q is offline
Provincial Bumpkin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 13,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by texcolo View Post
Anyone ever eat at the Buckhorn Exchange? I never heard about it until I saw it on Man vs. Food. Apparently, I've been less than 2 blocks from it a million times, but have never seen it.
Tourist. Go back to Texas.

Yes, it's good. Lots of dead stuff on the walls, like any good historic (and super expensive) meathouse should have.

EDIT: You've also apparently never ridden the light rail... or at least looked out the window. It's kinda hard to miss!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #951  
Old Posted Jun 14, 2012, 12:20 AM
texcolo's Avatar
texcolo texcolo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 3,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Tourist. Go back to Texas.

Yes, it's good. Lots of dead stuff on the walls, like any good historic (and super expensive) meathouse should have.

EDIT: You've also apparently never ridden the light rail... or at least looked out the window. It's kinda hard to miss!
I've ridden the light rail, but I must have been looking out the other side. It's right by the railyard, I must have been looking at trains.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #952  
Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 1:39 AM
texcolo's Avatar
texcolo texcolo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 3,919


The red dot indicates THE WORST SPOT in Denver to get a flat on your bike. It's a 5 mile walk to get to a spot where someone can pick yer sorry — up.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #953  
Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 5:46 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
That's also the area around where Suncor had that terrible hazardous sludge spill into Sand Creek and the the area that the north commuter line will cut through. Good luck finding the station, though. I've always imagined this would be the area where bodies are dumped. Oddly enough, they just found an ancient Native American burial site here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #954  
Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 5:30 PM
Cirrus's Avatar
Cirrus Cirrus is offline
cities|transit|croissants
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,718
You folks will like this. Here is a link to the full-size version. From Pop Chart lab.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #955  
Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 5:53 PM
glowrock's Avatar
glowrock glowrock is online now
Becoming Chicago-fied!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago (West Avondale)
Posts: 19,443
Great map, Cirrus! I think it's time for a road-trip of beer!

Aaron (Glowrock)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #956  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 2:38 PM
Cirrus's Avatar
Cirrus Cirrus is offline
cities|transit|croissants
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,718
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkingmadeeasy.com

25 best beer-drinking cities in the world
http://drinkingmadeeasy.com/booze-in-the-news/zane-lampreys-top-25-beer-cities/

25. Tokyo
24. Mexico city
23. Moscow
22. Grand rapids, michigan
21. Vilnius, lithuania
20. Chicago
19. Edinburgh, scotland
18. Melbourne
17. Philadelphia
16. Amsterdam
15. Montreal
14. Seattle
13. Saigon, vietnam
12. Milwaukee
11. Seoul
10. London
9. Boston
8. Denver
7. San diego
6. Asheville, north carolina

5. Prague
4. Portland
3. Dublin
2. Brussels
1. Munich
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #957  
Old Posted Nov 28, 2012, 4:24 PM
RyanD's Avatar
RyanD RyanD is offline
Fast. Fun. Frequent.
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 2,988
I have a renters law question my fellow forumers..

So 3 months ago I moved out of my apartment, everything was a smooth move out, got checked out, keys turned in, everything. In my lease it says that deposits will be returned in 60 days. Well we're approaching 90 days and I've received nothing in the mail. No statement, no refund, no phone calls, nothing. I've called them, no answer, no return calls back from my voicemails. So they're willfully holding my 1300 dollar deposit. And there weren't damages more than wear and tear. So they're breaking CRS 38-12-102 or something or another. So I sent a demand letter because I guess I have to give them 7 days before I go to small claims with this.

My question is, am I doing this right?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #958  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 12:49 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Here comes the crazy man post of the week. Think this is the best place to put this.

I got to work 15 min early so I sat in my car listening to the radio. While I was looking across the valley I saw a light that I thought was a plane coming over the Oquirrh Mountains. The light went away and figured the plane turned toward the airport. Then not more than 1000-2000 feet behind it a plane flew by and I could still see it flying toward the airport. The first light I did not see it when I thought it turned. After a couple minutes it showed back up. I watched it hover back and forth in and out of the low level clouds for a good 15 min before I went into work. It was moving between Nielson and Farnsworth Peaks. Thought maybe a helicopter but they usually don't shine as bright as venus and it seemed to just glide back and forth.

Well there is my crazy man I saw a UFO post.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #959  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 1:11 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
Here comes the crazy man post of the week. Think this is the best place to put this.

I got to work 15 min early so I sat in my car listening to the radio. While I was looking across the valley I saw a light that I thought was a plane coming over the Oquirrh Mountains. The light went away and figured the plane turned toward the airport. Then not more than 1000-2000 feet behind it a plane flew by and I could still see it flying toward the airport. The first light I did not see it when I thought it turned. After a couple minutes it showed back up. I watched it hover back and forth in and out of the low level clouds for a good 15 min before I went into work. It was moving between Nielson and Farnsworth Peaks. Thought maybe a helicopter but they usually don't shine as bright as venus and it seemed to just glide back and forth.

Well there is my crazy man I saw a UFO post.

The truth is out there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #960  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2012, 3:15 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Nanu nanu.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:09 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.