HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9241  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2012, 9:42 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
i was thinking uniqlo too - they are in expansion mode
__________________
belowitall
     
     
  #9242  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2012, 5:26 PM
easy as pie's Avatar
easy as pie easy as pie is offline
testify
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 94109
Posts: 853
so is muji, which is even better imo.
     
     
  #9243  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2012, 5:34 PM
Retail-Insider's Avatar
Retail-Insider Retail-Insider is offline
Retail-Insider
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver/Toronto
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinVan View Post
The invite details are that it's from 6-8 Thursday night and is open to everyone, not just the likes of self-important people.
Wow! I sure hope that wasn't a shot at myself (I'm guessing it was). I wasn't comfortable posting an invite that I received personally by email (given my website content, I have a precarious relationship with retailers as it is, I've gotten complains that I give too much info too soon)... believe me I'm unpretentious and not 'self-important' if that's what you were getting at.

Anyways, you're all good guessers. Uniqlo is the retailer I was referring to. I didn't want to post the article until after tomorrow night's Thierry Mugler event in The Room (which I'll be attending - didn't want to tick off Bonnie B who will be there). I'm tempted to post tomorrow's invite to avoid any more misguided 'self-important' accusations

Last edited by Retail-Insider; Nov 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM. Reason: Pointing out that I can't always publicize events because I need to try to maintain relations with retailers
     
     
  #9244  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2012, 6:26 PM
red-paladin red-paladin is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,626
     
     
  #9245  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2012, 7:27 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy as pie View Post
so is muji, which is even better imo.
i would prefer muji myself love that store
__________________
belowitall
     
     
  #9246  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2012, 9:08 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Uniqlo?!
That what Retail Insider suggests on its website.
     
     
  #9247  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 3:31 AM
dleung's Avatar
dleung dleung is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail-Insider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinVan
The invite details are that it's from 6-8 Thursday night and is open to everyone, not just the likes of self-important people.
...believe me I'm unpretentious and not 'self-important' if that's what you were getting at.... I didn't want to post the article until after tomorrow night's Thierry Mugler event in The Room (which I'll be attending - didn't want to tick off Bonnie B who will be there). I'm tempted to post tomorrow's invite to avoid any more misguided 'self-important' accusations
Looks like EdinVan's intuition was correct
     
     
  #9248  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 4:37 AM
Retail-Insider's Avatar
Retail-Insider Retail-Insider is offline
Retail-Insider
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver/Toronto
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
Looks like EdinVan's intuition was correct
Someone's jealous

Last edited by Retail-Insider; Nov 6, 2012 at 5:18 AM. Reason: Just wanted to subtly note that both EdinVan and dleung are sleazy douchebags
     
     
  #9249  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 4:40 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
OMF god! You guys better not be messing with me! Uniqlo in Vancouver?????? I have dreamed!
__________________
Bridging the Gap
Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/with/29495547810/ and Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0_0h9qKlhxXFxuAey_q6Q
     
     
  #9250  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 4:53 AM
Retail-Insider's Avatar
Retail-Insider Retail-Insider is offline
Retail-Insider
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver/Toronto
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
OMF god! You guys better not be messing with me! Uniqlo in Vancouver?????? I have dreamed!
http://www.retail-insider.com/2012/11/uniqlo-coming-to-canada-vancouver-lease.html

This post is dedicated to you, Metro
     
     
  #9251  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 4:58 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
Thanks man! Wow, this is so exciting! The majority of my work clothes is from Uniqlo, haha.
__________________
Bridging the Gap
Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/with/29495547810/ and Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0_0h9qKlhxXFxuAey_q6Q
     
     
  #9252  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 5:25 AM
NewfBC NewfBC is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Thanks man! Wow, this is so exciting! The majority of my work clothes is from Uniqlo, haha.
Do you work at Chapters? Or maybe The Source?

Ron.
     
     
  #9253  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 6:15 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
lol

its very gap - which is fine by me but its not very exciting or fashion forward
__________________
belowitall
     
     
  #9254  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 7:25 AM
Darren Tate Darren Tate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retail-Insider View Post
Someone's jealous
Attention bitchy retail queens: Save it for the retail thread.
     
     
  #9255  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 9:28 PM
red-paladin red-paladin is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,626
Please tone it down
     
     
  #9256  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 9:43 PM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfBC View Post
Do you work at Chapters? Or maybe The Source?

Ron.
Haha! I am a freelance videographer / photographer / editor

I use to live / work in Japan (been there 5 times, and hopefully going back next year). Though my ex-Japanese wife is a little pissed I already have a new Japanese girlfriend
__________________
Bridging the Gap
Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/with/29495547810/ and Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0_0h9qKlhxXFxuAey_q6Q
     
     
  #9257  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 10:56 PM
TwoFace's Avatar
TwoFace TwoFace is offline
Dig-it
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Downtown
Posts: 956
The "new" Orpheum sign.

     
     
  #9258  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 11:21 PM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
Nice! Thanks for posting!
__________________
Bridging the Gap
Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/with/29495547810/ and Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0_0h9qKlhxXFxuAey_q6Q
     
     
  #9259  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2012, 11:23 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,140
That looks amazing, great work.
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #9260  
Old Posted Nov 7, 2012, 12:07 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,792
Nice. The painted parts look good.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:07 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.