Weird. It looks like a food court without a "terrace" in sight. Maybe they'll refer to it as the best "patio" in town because it's sheltered from all the elements.
I used to love Consumers Distrubing, they had the best catalogs to browse thru. Almost makes you wonder if something like that would work today but with online browsing and then local pickup, almost like a Sears catalouge outlet but prettied up and modernized.
Weird. It looks like a food court without a "terrace" in sight. Maybe they'll refer to it as the best "patio" in town because it's sheltered from all the elements.
I think it's upstairs - so mezzanine = terrace (unless there's also outdoor space)
I used to love Consumers Distrubing, they had the best catalogs to browse thru. Almost makes you wonder if something like that would work today but with online browsing and then local pickup, almost like a Sears catalouge outlet but prettied up and modernized.
OMG, I still remembered my mom buying me my first mountain bike as a 9 y.o. kid at a Consumers Distributing store in Richmond (Richport Plaza) where Chapters now stands.
I used to love Consumers Distrubing, they had the best catalogs to browse thru. Almost makes you wonder if something like that would work today but with online browsing and then local pickup, almost like a Sears catalouge outlet but prettied up and modernized.
A similar concept has opened in Scotland and I'm told is doing quite well. It's by UK department store retailer House of Fraser:
Matheson said the new facility isn’t a food fair at all, but will give the impression to visitors, through its consistent design theme, of being in a single restaurant with 18 different sections.
Yes it seems almost weekly I encounter a single restaurant with 18 different kitchens-how calming!
I used to love Consumers Distrubing, they had the best catalogs to browse thru. Almost makes you wonder if something like that would work today but with online browsing and then local pickup, almost like a Sears catalouge outlet but prettied up and modernized.
its coming back
Quote:
A Canadian businessman took over the name six years ago and, after recently being sold to private investors, the brand is set to relaunch this fall with 80 stores across the country.
“We think Niagara Falls is a diamond in the rough,” said Michael Ahad, who works in the company's media relations department. “We know it's a tourist town, but there are a lot of business people and blue collar workers down there. We're really eyeing it.”
The company's new Canadian owners – who Ahad said are private investors who don't want to be named – want to open two Consumers Distributing stores in Niagara Falls.
One would be a Consumers Distributing Express, which would be similar to the old store with customers selecting their items from catalogues (now touchscreen computers) in the front of the store and workers filling the orders from a warehouse in the back.
The second would be a superstore – meant to compete with the likes of Walmart and Target.
Weird. It looks like a food court without a "terrace" in sight. Maybe they'll refer to it as the best "patio" in town because it's sheltered from all the elements.
Well thank goodness they consulted with a Feng Shui master. I'll feel much safer eating artery-clogging goodies like KFC or NY Fries now.
Two very high-profile retailers about to sign a lease in the Carlyle/7-Eleven Building at Thurlow and Alberni. Very high end... Will let you know more when it is finalized.
Two very high-profile retailers about to sign a lease in the Carlyle/7-Eleven Building at Thurlow and Alberni. Very high end... Will let you know more when it is finalized.
Michael's 2.0 doesn't count!
__________________
Check out TripStyler.com {locally focused travel blog} | My instagram {Travel Photos}
Looks like the new Forever 21 on Robson St. opened today. There was already quite a bit of people in there when I walked by, so I guess it'll give the staff a good rehearsal for their grand opening tomorrow morning!
Two very high-profile retailers about to sign a lease in the Carlyle/7-Eleven Building at Thurlow and Alberni. Very high end... Will let you know more when it is finalized.