HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1541  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 11:30 PM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
I think we should draw a distinction between the two parts of Westmount.

Lower Westmount (Sherbrooke St. and below) is effectively the westernmost part of downtown Montreal, whereas Upper Westmount (above Sherbrooke) feels completely distinct. Lower Westmount has few detached single family homes, whereas Upper Westmount is almost entirely detached housing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1542  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 4:27 AM
GlassCity's Avatar
GlassCity GlassCity is offline
Rational urbanist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Metro Vancouver
Posts: 5,270
The way I see it, is when people put up pictures of Vancouver or Toronto, I see downtown Vancouver or Toronto. It wouldn't be easy to post an Oshawa skyline picture in the main skyline thread, and that's what this is for. This thread was made to see skylines other than Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Toronto. Burnaby and Missisauga certainly fall under that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1543  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 5:19 AM
isaidso isaidso is offline
North of Gilead
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North of Gilead
Posts: 11,073
What's that BC logo with the bear?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1544  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 6:14 PM
1ajs's Avatar
1ajs 1ajs is offline
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lynn lake
Posts: 26,524
from the winnipeg free press

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1545  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 9:10 PM
armorand93's Avatar
armorand93 armorand93 is offline
Transit Nerd
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary (former Winnipegger)
Posts: 2,707
Garbage Hill?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1546  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2012, 6:04 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,997
Halifax panorama by Rodney Hickey Design Studio on flickr:






full panorama
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1547  
Old Posted Oct 29, 2012, 4:05 PM
roccerfeller's Avatar
roccerfeller roccerfeller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 2,932
really slick Halifax shots, someone thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1548  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 1:23 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is online now
Mooderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 21,446
Very nice Halifax shots. Winnipeg one looks cool too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1549  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 1:33 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,339
I love the second and third Halifax shots. There are some very attractive buildings in those.

*****

October 29, 2012

I was out for a walk with my better half so I didn't have my tripod. So they're not as crisp and the ISO had to be far too high but, whatever, it was a beautiful night!


Signal Hill Road by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr


351 Water Street by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr


St. John's in Fog by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr

I love how literal the middle and lower classes are in the Battery neighbourhood:


The Battery by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1550  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 4:33 PM
The S'toon Goon The S'toon Goon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 296
That Halifax shot is amazing! The way the lights reflect is spectacular. In my opinion there is nothing better than a skyline up against the water, be it lake, ocean or river.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1551  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 4:42 AM
davidivivid davidivivid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ville de Québec City
Posts: 3,075
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1552  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 12:47 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,721
staggering shots, Davidivivid.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1553  
Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 10:42 PM
FrAnKs's Avatar
FrAnKs FrAnKs is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ville de Québec / Quebec city
Posts: 5,936
Quebec city's beautifull at any time
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1554  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2012, 1:37 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,339
It's in there somewhere...

November 3, 2012


Downtown St. John's by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1555  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2012, 6:26 PM
RyeJay RyeJay is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAnKs View Post
Quebec city's beautifull at any time


I agree completely!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1556  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2012, 12:50 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,339


Agreed - and just noticed I didn't say so myself. That first shot, David, is especially amazing. I love it. As is probably obvious, I love morning/evening light far more than midday.

*****

November 4, 2012

The fog has finally moved offshore, at least enough to allow some distance shots of the city.

I tried to expand on some of the views I usually take, to extend the panoramas a little farther to the left and right.


Sunrise in St. John's by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr


St. John's Skyline by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr


St. John's Skyline by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr


TD Place by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr


Downtown St. John's by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr


Downtown East End and Pleasantville by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr

I wish our modern buildings were beautiful. There are really only a couple of them that I like at all. But, with all the new construction and reclads underway/planned, it should become much better soon.


Old St. John's by SignalHillHiker, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1557  
Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 9:58 PM
vicbc250 vicbc250 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
victoria bc 2012 by globalairphotos.com http://www.globalairphotos.com/index.html






Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1558  
Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 10:05 PM
north 42's Avatar
north 42 north 42 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Windsor, Ontario/Colchester, Ontario
Posts: 5,935
Victoria has some amazing density for a city it's size! Very impressive indeed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1559  
Old Posted Nov 8, 2012, 10:38 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,339
Very impressive. Looks beautiful!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.