HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1481  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 7:58 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by livedowntown View Post
I am quite sure that that window was designed to be flush with the other windows but it will receive a stainless steel shroud of sorts that will surround it and projects out.
That was my understanding. In this close up below it becomes pretty apparent


archleague.org

Last edited by delts145; Oct 26, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
     
     
  #1482  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 8:17 PM
H4vok's Avatar
H4vok H4vok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Heber City, UT
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by livedowntown View Post
I am quite sure that that window was designed to be flush with the other windows but it will receive a stainless steel shroud of sorts that will surround it and projects out.
Ok. That makes sense. Here's hoping they still include all of the stainless steel shrouds
     
     
  #1483  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 5:21 AM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
Meh
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Austin<--->Birmingham<--->Atlanta
Posts: 55,833
Since they were reported, I've moved the inversion/smog/air pollution posts to their own thread at the link below. If you see any more posts in this thread that go along with that discussion, please report them and I'll move them also.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=202174
__________________
My girlfriend has a poodle named Kevin.
     
     
  #1484  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 5:28 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Do we really need to start up a new thread for EVERY subject?
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #1485  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 5:30 AM
KevinFromTexas's Avatar
KevinFromTexas KevinFromTexas is offline
Meh
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Austin<--->Birmingham<--->Atlanta
Posts: 55,833
At least by that topic having its own thread people can discuss it if they want to. If not, they don't have to click on it, and this thread stays on topic.
__________________
My girlfriend has a poodle named Kevin.
     
     
  #1486  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 6:26 AM
farmerboy's Avatar
farmerboy farmerboy is offline
farmerboy
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 307
How is the inversion not development related???
     
     
  #1487  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 6:52 AM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,146
I'm glad it has it's own thread. The topic was quickly getting boring and unproductive.
     
     
  #1488  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
jtrent77 jtrent77 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Since they were reported, I've moved the inversion/smog/air pollution posts to their own thread at the link below. If you see any more posts in this thread that go along with that discussion, please report them and I'll move them also.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=202174
C'mon this is ridiculous, the chances of it being reported because it was about air pollution is zero to none. The chance that it was reported because Old and New was deciding to personally attack TMac are about 100%. Oh btw, Old and New will quickly say he wasn't doing that.
     
     
  #1489  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 2:39 PM
T-Mac's Avatar
T-Mac T-Mac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bountiful, Utah
Posts: 1,163
Got my e-mail last night about the final workshop for the new Performing Arts Center.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER
PLANNING AND PRE-DESIGN OPEN HOUSE

Thursday, November 8, 2012
Open House from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm and 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Upstairs at the Gallivan Center 239 South Main, Salt Lake City

Learn about the planning and design status of the {New} Performing Arts Center. Visit with project team members to learn more about the vision, design and major project components of the theater as well as the associated economic and cultural benefits for the downtown area. See how your input has been considered and provide additional feedback as the planning and design team wraps up Phase I of the project.

Hope to see some of you there.
     
     
  #1490  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 3:45 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
I'm going to try to make it--I have a conference up in Layton that day, but have to come back down to SLC at some point. Might as well make it then.
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
     
     
  #1491  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 3:58 PM
tygr tygr is offline
Development Junkie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Do we really need to start up a new thread for EVERY subject?
I'll second that.

I think many of these cities are allowed to have way too many threads when many topics fall under their city's main development thread. Now, if a very significant project that takes up multiple city blocks and has a major economic impact is started, then maybe it would warrant its own thread. For example, a major shopping center, college campus, convention center, etc.; but only if MAJOR impacts are happening. Personally, I don't think our performing arts center, discussion of a convention hotel, etc. needs their own threads. City Creek needed it's own thread because it was a multi-billion dollar project that had heavy, regular discussion over the better part of a decade.

The inversion/air quality conversation is directly related to our city's economic development and I'm sure that within a week, this conversation will "blow over" (pun intended). And, we'll be left with a thread that sits dormant for most of the time, and is a constant black eye to the city when/if potential economic decision makers frequent this forum to see whether they should locate in our city.

Please don't break out every topic that gets a heavy attention for just a little while.
__________________
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight, but no vision.
—Helen Keller

Last edited by tygr; Oct 26, 2012 at 4:59 PM. Reason: typographical errors
     
     
  #1492  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 6:18 PM
Old&New's Avatar
Old&New Old&New is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
C'mon this is ridiculous, the chances of it being reported because it was about air pollution is zero to none. The chance that it was reported because Old and New was deciding to personally attack TMac are about 100%. Oh btw, Old and New will quickly say he wasn't doing that.
Some may call a rebuke an attack, that's fine. You can play the "victim" card if you can't take a bit of criticism. However, my point is still valid. Curbing pollution is everyone's responsibility. We all end up breathing inefficiencies. So, lets all try to be efficient, shall we?
     
     
  #1493  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 6:56 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
So......how about all the development going on in downtown. Not sure what else to say. Just trying to get back on topic.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #1494  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 7:10 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Do we really need to start up a new thread for EVERY subject?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr View Post
I'll second that.

I think many of these cities are allowed to have way too many threads when many topics fall under their city's main development thread. Now, if a very significant project that takes up multiple city blocks and has a major economic impact is started, then maybe it would warrant its own thread. For example, a major shopping center, college campus, convention center, etc.; but only if MAJOR impacts are happening. Personally, I don't think our performing arts center, discussion of a convention hotel, etc. needs their own threads. City Creek needed it's own thread because it was a multi-billion dollar project that had heavy, regular discussion over the better part of a decade.

The inversion/air quality conversation is directly related to our city's economic development and I'm sure that within a week, this conversation will "blow over" (pun intended). And, we'll be left with a thread that sits dormant for most of the time, and is a constant black eye to the city when/if potential economic decision makers frequent this forum to see whether they should locate in our city.

Please don't break out every topic that gets a heavy attention for just a little while.

I'll third that, and yes as you suggested Projects, lets move on now.

.
     
     
  #1495  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 3:04 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
I was downtown today.
     
     
  #1496  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 4:37 AM
DMTower's Avatar
DMTower DMTower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 811
^^^ and?.. pictures?
     
     
  #1497  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 4:47 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
No pictures. I had to go downtown after work and by the time I got down there it was already 5:30pm. I also didn't have my camera. I work in a building owned by Cowboy Partners and the offices are there, so maybe I will be able to sit down during one of my lunches and get some tidbits for y'all.
     
     
  #1498  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 7:49 AM
CountyLemonade's Avatar
CountyLemonade CountyLemonade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 394
I was also downtown this evening. Pleasantly surprised by the activity around 3rd South and Main at 11 pm. HOWEVER. Not seeing any TRAX trains by the time I left at 12:30 am hurt. It really did. And I really think the lack of late night service on TRAX is hurting downtown.
     
     
  #1499  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 7:17 PM
chad.farnes chad.farnes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 128
I decided to take a bike ride around downtown today to explore all the construction that is going on (and I am amazed at how much is going on downtown. There is quite a bit). I hate waiting for the pictures to load every time that I load this page so I just used the spoiler button. Click below for pictures of development around downtown.

     
     
  #1500  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2012, 8:17 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Awesome update! We've been needing that. The amazing thing is, with as much as you covered, there's still so much more projects underway!
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:46 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.