HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #441  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 4:38 PM
OliverD OliverD is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
I was in the Montreal Apple Store on Friday and the Jump+ store in Champlain Mall this afternoon.

Montreal Apple Store was jam packed and there was no way to count all of the blue tshirts employees. I'm guessing 50 employees when I was there. 25 on each floor. They have an upstairs.

The Champlain Place Jump+ Store is an Apple Store in a miniature size way with a different name and different logo. IMO.
I assume you're talking about the Sainte Catherine store? It's one of the larger Apple Stores I've been in. Went there about a year ago and it was insanely busy. Probably busier than the Fifth Ave store in NYC was when I was there a few years ago.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #442  
Old Posted Oct 22, 2012, 4:48 PM
JHikka's Avatar
JHikka JHikka is offline
ハルウララ
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,853
The two Apple stores i've seen (SquareOne in Mississauga and Lenox Square in Atlanta) were both packed. I don't think i've seen an Apple store not filled with people.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #443  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 1:19 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,372
This is a photo from today showing the west end of the main building at the Mapleton Centre.



As I have mentioned before, the entrances have been painted, with the entrance closest to the camera painted in a "Best Buy Blue". The other entrance is painted in a dull brownish red colour.

The second entrance is intriguing. It looks to be a fairly large retail space. At one point in time, The Brick was supposed to be one of the anchors of this development and then it dropped off the radar. I wonder if the Brick proposal is being resurrected?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #444  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 1:45 AM
NBNYer's Avatar
NBNYer NBNYer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moncton
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
As I have mentioned before, the entrances have been painted, with the entrance closest to the camera painted in a "Best Buy Blue". The other entrance is painted in a dull brownish red colour.

The second entrance is intriguing. It looks to be a fairly large retail space. At one point in time, The Brick was supposed to be one of the anchors of this development and then it dropped off the radar. I wonder if the Brick proposal is being resurrected?
I thought of the Brick too when you first mentioned the "reddish" brown color. But that really looks to much of a brown for the Brick. I also wonder what those white rectangles are on the facade. It does seem to be a huge space. I really have no idea what is going to end up there.

The first space does indeed look like it's painted in "BestBuy Blue"!! If that is the case, we should see the top part and sign going up soon by the looks of it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #445  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 2:54 PM
drewber drewber is offline
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saint Antoine, NB
Posts: 567
I hope this ends up being a best buy...right now the outer facade doesn't resemble any existing best buy layout I have seen but there is still alot to be built. Could be another week or more before we see the details of that entrance. Let's just hope we don't get one of these instead.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #446  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 3:00 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,372


Indeed!!

But thanks for posting the photo. That's an excellent example of "Best Buy Blue".....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #447  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 5:34 PM
michael_d40 michael_d40 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This is a photo from today showing the west end of the main building at the Mapleton Centre.



As I have mentioned before, the entrances have been painted, with the entrance closest to the camera painted in a "Best Buy Blue". The other entrance is painted in a dull brownish red colour.
Perhaps it's Jysk?

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #448  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 6:06 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,711

I'm surprised they don't have a sign up saying what's coming
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #449  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 6:09 PM
NBNYer's Avatar
NBNYer NBNYer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moncton
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
Perhaps it's Jysk?
Could very well be.

Another distinct possibility is GLOBO Shoes

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #450  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 7:38 PM
q12's Avatar
q12 q12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,134
Could even be Home Outfitters.


Source

This is the look of the newer Best Buy in Bayers Lake


Credit: Harlington
Source

Here is the google street view of 3 Blue stores together (including Best Buy) at Dartmouth Crossing if that helps.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?ll=44.698004,...8PfXo0NAGwNZGQ&cbp=12,92.96,,0,6.32&z=18
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #451  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 7:47 PM
JHikka's Avatar
JHikka JHikka is offline
ハルウララ
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,853
Rona?

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #452  
Old Posted Oct 23, 2012, 11:12 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,372


Too small a storefront for a Rona, and the colour of the paint is off for the other proffered possibilities. JYSK might be a possibility though.

The thing that bothers me is that the footprint seems on the small side for Best Buy, but I have heard that Best Buy is toying with a smaller format store.

I still hope that this storefront will soon be home for a Best Buy.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #453  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 1:20 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,372
Another commercial service is preparing to decamp the central section of the Northwest Centre in advance of the renovations necessary for the new Target store.

Allstate is moving to the larger of the two subsidiary strips at the Northwest Centre. They will be joining Aaron's and MagiCuts. Money Mart and Battery House have already moved to the smaller of the two strips.

The only stores and services left in the central section of the Northwest Centre are Subway, Rogers and the dental office. I presume these will all be gone in the next few months as well.......
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #454  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 2:27 AM
ballain ballain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
The Brown would look more like the Banana Republic Factory Outlet to me
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #455  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 2:51 AM
NBNYer's Avatar
NBNYer NBNYer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moncton
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballain View Post
The Brown would look more like the Banana Republic Factory Outlet to me
Yes, but way too large of a store
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #456  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2012, 12:28 PM
Norshorer's Avatar
Norshorer Norshorer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 63
As much as I would LOVE for it to be a Home Outfitters, I seriously doubt it. Every time I've e-mailed their HQ to inquire about why they don't have a store in NB yet, they keep giving the same boilerplate response that they "aren't pursuing retail opportunities in NB".

Who knows? Maybe they finally decided to change their mind. It IS possible to have 2 identical style of stores next to each other since the Home Outfitters isn't too far away from the Bed Bath & Beyond store in Dartmouth Crossing, so both can successfully co-exist despite selling the same things and having similar internal layouts.

Would be awesome if we could score both, but I'm happy that we're at least getting the BB&B. A JYSK would not surprise me since Dartmouth Crossing also has one of those in the same building as Home Outfitters.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #457  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
Ugh! Why is it that the Mapleton Power Centre is like pulling teeth? Everything is slow and annoying, just tell people already, the thing is almost finished, I don't know why the hide and seek game is going on. In most instances stores love to announce that they are coming, they tell the world months in advance; unless the tenants are not completely on board or the project in general is having trouble...finding tenants. Everything about this project is half-a** since it started, what 5 years ago!?
Enough already.

Rant over!

Last edited by OUIR@random; Oct 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #458  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 2:52 PM
Norshorer's Avatar
Norshorer Norshorer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Ugh! Why is it that the Mapleton Power Centre is like pulling teeth? Everything is slow and annoying, just tell people already, the thing is almost finished, I don't know why the hide and seek game is going on. In most instances stores love to announce that they are coming, they tell the world months in advance; unless the tenants are not completely on board or the project in general is having trouble...finding tenants. Everything about this project is half-a** since it started what 5 years ago.
Enough already.

Rant over!
Amen to that!

I think just about everyone who's been waiting for the center to get off the ground is thinking the same thing.

Would be nice if they did like Dartmouth Crossing did back when they were building and at least have a website showing pics of construction along with anticipated store opening dates, etc.

As it stands, nobody knows what stores are opening since there's nothing being widely advertised... just a few small adds thrown in the paper here and there. You pretty much have to drive there yourself and see what's open and what isn't.

If I can ever get the time to stop by, I'll try to take a few panorama pics of the entire site (but I'm sure MonctonRad will likely beat me to that, anyway since he's been posting up some pretty awesome pics of his own lately)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #459  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 3:07 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Ugh! Why is it that the Mapleton Power Centre is like pulling teeth? Everything is slow and annoying, just tell people already, the thing is almost finished, I don't know why the hide and seek game is going on. In most instances stores love to announce that they are coming, they tell the world months in advance; unless the tenants are not completely on board or the project in general is having trouble...finding tenants. Everything about this project is half-a** since it started what 5 years ago.
Enough already.

Rant over!
I agree, this seems like a long, LONG, LONG process, but a lot of this has to do with the initial iteration of Mapleton going — up and the development then lying dormant for a couple of years. To be fair, construction has really been accelerating in the last couple of months and additional store openings will occur before Christmas, but I certainly agree that it is most aggravating that the developers are not more forthcoming about who the tenants will be!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #460  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2012, 4:22 PM
MadeWithCare MadeWithCare is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6
Whats the deal with the completed for a few months building on the far end the new Mapleton developments? I read here it was supposed to be some store called Tag, now nobody talks about it or says why the building has been left alone for months.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:23 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.