Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago
This is silly. . . you're implying that a building needs to fulfill some sort of qualification that is predetermined by the existing built density of the surrounding area. . . in which case a building like this would never be built anywhere in the world. . . Kingdom Tower is the centerpiece of a new master planned development on the outskirts of Jeddah. . . a super-structure such as this seems appropriate enough
|
-
If by appropriate you mean not prudent, then sure. I highly doubt the office space will ever have reasonable occupancy rates. The hotel and the residential? Maybe. A maybe is generally not worth the supposed 1.3 billion this thing will cost.
Regardless how sloppy his language may have been, the gentleman you responded to was right. This would make more sense in Hong Kong or New York, although even in those locations it may have been a failure.
Oh and just in case you feel like lecturing me: A) I understand that the real estate business is risky by nature. B) I've also read the articles on the building, so I'm aware of their plan to use this to attract more construction and not necessarily to turn a profit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DURKEY427
I completly agree move it somewhere else
|
-
Careful, you might have an unapproved opinion!