HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 7:06 PM

Will this be above ground by Christmas? and that render is amazing.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 8:03 PM

That render is amazing and I really hope there's a surprise spire or other rooftop element. That would be fantastic.

There will probably be a number of these buildings of similar height in the coming years, all centered along the 57th Street corridor. The skyline will look quite a bit different down the road!

Imagine once the other towers are built, especially considering that Extell wants to be top dog in NYC.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

The best rendering so far...

Woow... Nice render. In a few years this view of central park to midtown will be amazing, considering all the buildings proposed and being built.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 4:39 AM
Mr. Technology

Central Park South will be the destination for skyline viewing.
In a few years from now, we will enjoy a new generation of supertalls.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 5:13 AM

Im just in awe at the size...even at 1000 ft it'd dwarf everything around it but its goes above and beyond. The design still doesnt impress me but the size is just inspiring. This will be a gateway for many other towers.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 6:32 AM

Sexy render.

I wonder why they photoshopped Citicorp out though.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 9:31 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
Sorry, yes, that's my brains splattered all over the wall behind me. No it's fine, it happens when I see things like THIS.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 5:21 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Lighting up those mechanical/open areas is a nice touch. I hope that makes it through to the final product.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Oct 6, 2012, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Lighting up those mechanical/open areas is a nice touch. I hope that makes it through to the final product.
Yea forget the crown, I think lighting up the open areas/mechanical floors will be more creative and will make this tower stand out (along with its height) in the NY skyline.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 1:15 AM

this building doesn't have much of a crown anyway.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 6:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
this building doesn't have much of a crown anyway.
Which was my point. It has NO crown. It just ends.

This is going to be the new King of Midtown. The King needs his crown.

(I will agree with everyone else though... the latest render kicks ass. It's all about context.)

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 8:36 AM

Quote:
the 95-story tower at Park Avenue and East 56th Street
So it's 95 floors now ?

It would make sense considering the height of the building.
Or it's just another advertising trick.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Stanley View Post
This is going to be the new King of Midtown. The King needs his crown.
The thing is, this will probably be a very temporary Midtown king.

It will likely be topped by 225 W. 57 and by other towers, especially in Hudson Yards and others along 57th Street.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post

It will likely be topped by 225 W. 57 and by other towers, especially in Hudson Yards and others along 57th Street.
Hence no need to make a big deal of the lack of crown. This tower isn't reaching for the "King of NY" title as it will very likely be surpassed in height pretty quickly. Matter of fact this is what I like about it, it's quite an unassuming tower that will still have quite an impact on the skyline. Hope they keep that lighting scheme.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2012, 8:38 PM
World Machine

King of the Manhattan luxury living market is more like it . . . and likely what the developers are going for.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:

I very much doubt anything in Hudson Yards will be taller than this.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2012, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
I very much doubt anything in Hudson Yards will be taller than this.
We only have two buildings really announced for Hudson Yards, and one is 1300 ft.

I find it hard to believe that among the dozens of upcoming buildings, none will be taller than 432 Park, especially considering that the zoning is much more generous than in Midtown proper. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2012, 3:16 PM

Quote:
We only have two buildings really announced for Hudson Yards, and one is 1300 ft.

I find it hard to believe that among the dozens of upcoming buildings, none will be taller than 432 Park, especially considering that the zoning is much more generous than in Midtown proper. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I don't think we will have to wait long. As mentioned, 225 W57th is a likely candidate in Midtown, but several of the plots at the center of the Hudson Yards rezoning have FARs so high (roughly 30 I believe?) that it will be inevitable.

Manhattan West could even be a candidate. All the images released to date are just massings of what could be built. Brookfield's towers will be asking for more in rent than Related's as well, which is why their design will have to be superior. Related has set the bar fairly high with HY, but recall that Brookfield's rejected design for the HY was actually spectacular and by far the favorite. I wouldn't count that out quite yet.

What would be REALLY great is the demolition of the NY Daily News HQ and replacing it with an icon. There's well over 2 million SF of development rights with the demolition of the building, and it's both ugly and antiquated. I do believe they plan on renovating, but it should really be demolished, it's so terrible.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 2:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybackribs2314 View Post
I don't think we will have to wait long. As mentioned, 225 W57th is a likely candidate in Midtown, but several of the plots at the center of the Hudson Yards rezoning have FARs so high (roughly 30 I believe?) that it will be inevitable.

Manhattan West could even be a candidate. All the images released to date are just massings of what could be built. Brookfield's towers will be asking for more in rent than Related's as well, which is why their design will have to be superior. Related has set the bar fairly high with HY, but recall that Brookfield's rejected design for the HY was actually spectacular and by far the favorite. I wouldn't count that out quite yet.

What would be REALLY great is the demolition of the NY Daily News HQ and replacing it with an icon. There's well over 2 million SF of development rights with the demolition of the building, and it's both ugly and antiquated. I do believe they plan on renovating, but it should really be demolished, it's so terrible.
I saw a render for the reclad and renovation for NY Daily News and it looks decent. Of course it would be nice to see a skyscraper there, but after it is redone it may be a decent filler building that does not block out Hudson Yards.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2012, 5:21 PM

They just poured the first section of the second basement level floor by the crane!!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive