HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #5501  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 2:45 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Went to see Dredd tonight, damn good movie.

Could swear I saw these towers somewhere in that movie.


Toronto is the future!
     
     
  #5502  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 4:04 AM
Vertigo3000 Vertigo3000 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveve View Post
I don't care for any of these being supertall. having 3 towers above 80 stories side by side i think is enough (not to mention in the entertainment ( future condo) district)

I wanna see a mixed-use supertall built closer to the spine of the city. I understand these towers are gonna change the "spine", but nonetheless, i don't think any of these designs are worthy of being Canada's tallest.
I agree with you on the two outside buildings, but the middle one is f'n amazing, I wish it was taller, I really like it.
     
     
  #5503  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 4:15 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
I agree. I wish it was a bit more substantially taller than the other 2, say 310 meters to their 280 meters.
     
     
  #5504  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 6:06 AM
blacktrojan3921's Avatar
blacktrojan3921 blacktrojan3921 is offline
Regina rhymes with fun!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 906
Su-per-tall. Su-per-tall
     
     
  #5505  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 6:32 AM
isaidso isaidso is online now
North of Gilead
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North of Gilead
Posts: 11,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyRonin View Post
It also looks completely different depending on which render we are to believe.




vs.


I prefer the first 2 on the left in the 1st set of models and the one on the right in the 2nd set of models. If we're to have Gehry, I'd rather not get a watered down version of one.
     
     
  #5506  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 7:14 AM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is offline
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 8,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Super surprised Koops hasn't made drawings of them yet! I'm sure he's workin away though hehe!
I'm waiting to get more definitive height numbers first, and possibly better renders as well...

My 2 cents worth on the actual towers - at least they're tall.
     
     
  #5507  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 4:30 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
I'm waiting to get more definitive height numbers first, and possibly better renders as well...

My 2 cents worth on the actual towers - at least they're tall.
At least there's no rush.


This block won't get cleared for a at least 2 years. (IMO)
     
     
  #5508  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 5:13 PM
Traynor's Avatar
Traynor Traynor is offline
Back to Basics
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
I prefer the first 2 on the left in the 1st set of models and the one on the right in the 2nd set of models. If we're to have Gehry, I'd rather not get a watered down version of one.
I agree with this sentiment. If we have to have the Dr. Seuss of architects design these buildings, then they better look as Dr. Seuss-y as possible.
     
     
  #5509  
Old Posted Oct 3, 2012, 6:26 PM
viajero's Avatar
viajero viajero is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Downtown Edmonton
Posts: 37
Really like the proposal.. just when everyone thought things in Toronto were slowing down too! Shame they aren't taller, but I'm assuming that things like that can be adjusted. Since they're so close you would think they would try for being the tallest (and a supertall at that).. it would make them even more iconic!
     
     
  #5510  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 2:37 AM
Andrewjm3D's Avatar
Andrewjm3D Andrewjm3D is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,702
     
     
  #5511  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 2:49 AM
steveve's Avatar
steveve steveve is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,798
best view we've seen yet of the towers ^
they don't stick out so much from there (good thing), and you can see the 150m neighbourhood that will be. (entertainment district).

i said this on the UT thread, but we should buy this design from NY and stick it here
*i'd see one of these (as a supertall) over all 3 of the Gehry proposals. hope it one day gets built

     
     
  #5512  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 3:58 AM
isaidso isaidso is online now
North of Gilead
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North of Gilead
Posts: 11,074
I like that New York proposal, but prefer the Ritz-Carlton Bangkok proposal:

     
     
  #5513  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 5:28 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewjm3D View Post
Is this an update of the Toronto Gerhry proposal? Having a spire on it would be awesome! We could cheat our way to supertall status like everyone else does with spires!
     
     
  #5514  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 5:48 AM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is online now
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,369
I thought that was just the CN Tower sticking up behind it.
     
     
  #5515  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 5:59 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Oh I thought that might be the case. Sad panda.
     
     
  #5516  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 6:54 AM
blacktrojan3921's Avatar
blacktrojan3921 blacktrojan3921 is offline
Regina rhymes with fun!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 906
You know, it may in fact be a supertall, as it does look like from the picture that they will be a few metres taller then the FCP tower... Or is the perspective messing with me :c
     
     
  #5517  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 8:29 AM
Gresto's Avatar
Gresto Gresto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,396
That's Shangri-La to the left of the 3. Shangri-La is just over 700 ft, so those guys will be somewhere over 900 ft, but well below supertall stature.
     
     
  #5518  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 1:49 PM
DrNest's Avatar
DrNest DrNest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
I like that New York proposal, but prefer the Ritz-Carlton Bangkok proposal:

I love the idea of this one. Would be welcome in my eyes to Toronto.
     
     
  #5519  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 4:02 PM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
Looks good, Toronto is finally moving up in the world.
     
     
  #5520  
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 6:11 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:24 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.