Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145
.
On further thought, there must be creative ways to ventilate these multi-level parking garages, without the look of a Walker or even the Wells Fargo terrace. At least come up with something sharp when the parking is going to be so fully exposed.
|
There are ways. I remember reading somewhere that City Creek has some sort of machine that facilitates its ventilation, since its parking is underground and can't rely on the wind outside to properly ventilate. It's probably more expensive, but obviously possible.
I do like how the garage adds height to the building by being a part of the structure, and how it saves land space (which can then be used to further vitalize the city). It costs a lot of money to dig underground, and in some locations, city infrastructure can make it impossible. If the garage could be designed to be less conspicuous, a garage beneath the structure as opposed to behind it is far more desirable.
I like the tower; fix the garage.