Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking
i am not a fan of the blue glass.....it would have been so much nicer if the whole tower was clear.
they really botched the glass all around on that building....black, blue, light blue, opaque frit....whats wrong with clear glass?
sure doesn't look like the etherial renderings that won the competition.
|
I actually disagree on this one. That is only because I think it would look far too industrial had the entire building been clear. Looking at the amount of steel that went into the building (even from what is visible of the tower) there would be too much revealed steal.
I personally don't mind the shell. However a gradual shift from frit to clear from the bottom up on the tower would have looked phenomenal.
The reason I like the frit is also because of how it reflects the sky, and at night it is no longer opaque but perfectly transparent. When walking by at night with construction lights on inside, you can see right through the beast.