Quote:
Originally Posted by s4.audios
Re: Proposed new pedestian bridge
What 'barrier' or 'other side' does this little underpass really create? I understand the concern here but I don't agree with the level effect it has on the street. The one on 109st was a lot bigger and uglier. I was very young when that was up and still remember it; yet barely noticed the 97st undrpass till mentioned here.
|
The effect is a bit muted right now because both sides of the underpass are pretty sketchy, but it definitely exists. There is a separation there, and it's a missed opportunity to glue the 97th st Chinatown strip to the downtown area to not bring it all up to grade and make it a lot easier to walk north up 97th st.
If & when the RAM is built, it will make that area south of the bridge a lot more lively, but having the barrier north will keep a lot of people from heading north, which is too bad because there is a lot of potential for that strip