HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #221  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 1:59 PM
gm_scott's Avatar
gm_scott gm_scott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 181
This tower looks really nice. Maybe CIBC will get jealous and do a little upgrade too?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #222  
Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 5:32 PM
-Harlington-'s Avatar
-Harlington- -Harlington- is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Halifax-Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm_scott View Post
This tower looks really nice. Maybe CIBC will get jealous and do a little upgrade too?
I hope so, they kind of work together with the green and red

Or at least I always thought so .
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #223  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 3:48 AM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,994
ANS again reported that Thiel is expecting a summer start for this development.

Not sure what steps are left before a building permit can be issued. Presumably this will be done in stages to minimize disruptions to existing tenants.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #224  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 4:35 PM
macgregor macgregor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 213
I saw drilling on the empty side lot last weekend.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #225  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 9:17 PM
worldlyhaligonian worldlyhaligonian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,050
This is great news.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #226  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2012, 1:35 PM
Jonovision's Avatar
Jonovision Jonovision is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,053
From this angle it looks like the additions will make it the tallest in the area.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #227  
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 3:04 AM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,994
According to ANS, the ground floor tenants along Granville will both be relocated by July 1 and construction is on track to begin this summer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #228  
Old Posted May 25, 2012, 10:03 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
When is work scheduled to be completed?
__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #229  
Old Posted May 25, 2012, 10:24 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Looks fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
Open house for design change to take place in the lobby on August 8th 7-9pm.

More info here http://halifaxdowntown.ca/

And finally some new renderings.









__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #230  
Old Posted May 28, 2012, 3:37 PM
Halifax Hillbilly Halifax Hillbilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
When is work scheduled to be completed?
According to the link you posted, 2 years. Great project for downtown. I like the Granville streetscape.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #231  
Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 12:39 PM
Pete Crawford Pete Crawford is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 55
Any word if the tenants actually got relocated today / and if work if still scheduled to begin this summer?

Happy Canada Day!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #232  
Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 9:07 PM
Nifta Nifta is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 162
The flower shop in the heritage building at the base moved down to Granville Mall a few weeks back. Hopefully this starts soon!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #233  
Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 10:18 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,994
I really like some of the pedestrian-oriented details like the glass awnings. Glass awnings are ubiquitous in Vancouver and make a lot of sense in rainy cities.

Hopefully we'll also one day see a new development across the street that will include restoring the Dennis Building facade. That is one of the last prominent holes in Halifax's business district.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #234  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 1:05 PM
kph06's Avatar
kph06 kph06 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,106
I heard that visible prep work will start shortly, possibly by the end of the month, with construction to follow. A crane is expected by the fall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #235  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 6:22 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,994
That is great news. I think I'll be in town sometime around late August -- I'm hoping that there will be lots to see and photograph when I go back.

I wonder how they will stage construction of the new section and recladding of the rest of the building?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #236  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 7:37 PM
halifaxboyns halifaxboyns is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 3,883
This would put the downtown in the situation of having the most cranes operating in a long time!? Wouldn't it?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #237  
Old Posted Jul 18, 2012, 7:56 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,994
We could theoretically see something like this:

-3 cranes at Citadel site.
-2 at Nova Centre
-library crane
-waterside crane
-TD crane
-Sister sites? Maybe Cunard site?

I don't know how likely all that is but I would not be surprised if 8-10 cranes would be a new record. The old record is probably something like 4 or 5, set back when there was a big project like Scotia Square or Purdy's plus a couple of other smaller ones. I've certainly never seen anything on this level before. The impact over the next few years will probably be similar to the impact of the 80's building boom, except I think this time around there is a much better mix of buildings and they are better designed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #238  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 4:13 PM
RyeJay RyeJay is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
We could theoretically see something like this:

-3 cranes at Citadel site.
-2 at Nova Centre
-library crane
-waterside crane
-TD crane
-Sister sites? Maybe Cunard site?

I don't know how likely all that is but I would not be surprised if 8-10 cranes would be a new record. The old record is probably something like 4 or 5, set back when there was a big project like Scotia Square or Purdy's plus a couple of other smaller ones. I've certainly never seen anything on this level before. The impact over the next few years will probably be similar to the impact of the 80's building boom, except I think this time around there is a much better mix of buildings and they are better designed.


And I really want to add Fenwick to the grand list... but we'll see how quickly it proceeds with destroying the hill's view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #239  
Old Posted Jul 19, 2012, 5:29 PM
macgregor macgregor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
We could theoretically see something like this:

-3 cranes at Citadel site.
-2 at Nova Centre
-library crane
-waterside crane
-TD crane
-Sister sites? Maybe Cunard site?

I don't know how likely all that is but I would not be surprised if 8-10 cranes would be a new record. The old record is probably something like 4 or 5, set back when there was a big project like Scotia Square or Purdy's plus a couple of other smaller ones. I've certainly never seen anything on this level before. The impact over the next few years will probably be similar to the impact of the 80's building boom, except I think this time around there is a much better mix of buildings and they are better designed.
Maybe Scotia Square (Westhill on Duke) too
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #240  
Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 2:16 AM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 35,994
ANS reported tonight that construction is "just weeks away".

The article also mentions the demolition of two buildings, which is odd. There's only the one older building adjacent to TD now, and its facade was supposed to be preserved but this wasn't mentioned in the article. I thought the approach would be similar to Waterside.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:40 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.