HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #141  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 1:18 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
USU Developments

The new Regional Campus building





The Agriculture Education building really stands out (the blue/green glass building)




And new renderings have been released for the business building addition now dubbed "Huntsman Hall"

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #142  
Old Posted Feb 10, 2012, 4:13 PM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Dubbed Hunstmen Hall for a good reason after they dropped a good 25 million for it a few years back.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #143  
Old Posted Feb 11, 2012, 1:09 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
The new Regional Campus building

And new renderings have been released for the business building addition now dubbed "Huntsman Hall"

I like it! It looks good!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #144  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2012, 6:54 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
I like it as well. With it fronting the highway like the glass Ag building, that part of campus will really stand out in Logan.

BlueSquare mixed-use/student housing


More detailed renderings. Parking is in the back




Construction underway
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #145  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 11:03 PM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
New conference, new logo, and new facilities.

A lot of growth going on at the USU campus.

Quote:
The $6.4 million, 21,000 square-foot strength and conditioning center will feature areas for weight training, cardiovascular workouts and speed and agility training, as well as staff offices. Built on existing university property at the northwest corner of Romney Stadium, the state-of-the-art multi-level facility will alleviate overcrowding in the existing 5,800 square-foot strength and conditioning center and will accommodate almost 400 athletes from 16 sports programs.








http://www.usu.edu/ust/index.cfm?article=51205
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #146  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2012, 9:57 PM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Recent Projects

Around the Utah State campus

BlueSquare housing development near the USU campus. Very large and dense project, but I don't know if this design will age well:



Another 'interesting' design. The RCDE building on campus wrapping up.


The recently completed Agriculture Education building:
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #147  
Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 5:17 AM
isangpogi isangpogi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 183
Hey Loganites! I have relatives in your area and was recently in town. I enjoyed your beautiful neck of the woods but couldn't get over the fact that Logan is terribly underserved road-wise... Are there any plans in the pipeline to build a bypass freeway around the city? I can't imagine Logan will be able to comfortably grow much more while continuing to funnel all their traffic through congested downtown.... Logan must be among the largest metros in the country with zero freeway access! For the most part Utah seems to be pretty forward-thinking with transportation... Did UDOT forget you guys are there? Wishing you all the best and can't wait to visit Logan again!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #148  
Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 1:31 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
I was in Logan all last week--really love it up there. All of THIS week, I'll be in Richfield, which I'm assuming will be considerably less charming. I may die.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #149  
Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 2:02 PM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
I was in Logan all last week--really love it up there. All of THIS week, I'll be in Richfield, which I'm assuming will be considerably less charming. I may die.
While there in Richfield head out east to Gobline Valley. Very interesting Place.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #150  
Old Posted Jul 15, 2012, 4:53 PM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by isangpogi View Post
Hey Loganites! I have relatives in your area and was recently in town. I enjoyed your beautiful neck of the woods but couldn't get over the fact that Logan is terribly underserved road-wise... Are there any plans in the pipeline to build a bypass freeway around the city? I can't imagine Logan will be able to comfortably grow much more while continuing to funnel all their traffic through congested downtown.... Logan must be among the largest metros in the country with zero freeway access! For the most part Utah seems to be pretty forward-thinking with transportation... Did UDOT forget you guys are there? Wishing you all the best and can't wait to visit Logan again!
I personally think one of the area's greatest strength lies in not having a freeway. They tend to increase sprawl, split communities in half (look at westside/eastside Salt Lake), and take business/developments from the city core to be built instead right near the freeway; think hotels, offices, malls, etc. Obviously freeways are needed for areas like Salt Lake ...but Cache Valley doesn't need to be that and I hope it can be a unique metro area in Utah because of it.

And besides, where would the freeway connect? Highway 89/91 which goes through Sardine Canyon connecting Cache Valley to Brigham City/Wasatch Front is basically like a freeway. There's a few other highways that connect you to the major freeways outside of the valley.

UDOT has been building a sort of bypass in 1000 west (10th west). They increased it to a full five-lane highway that stretches from about 2000 South in Logan to 25000 North in North Logan. http://www.udot.utah.gov/tenthwest/

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #151  
Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 3:55 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803


I would tend to agree with you. I think the highway that UDOT has built that you mentioned above will serve the needs of the community just fine. Those north of downtown can use that road to get to the Wasatch Front a bit faster.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #152  
Old Posted Jul 16, 2012, 6:04 PM
isangpogi isangpogi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 183


Good to know... I'll look out for this next time I'm in town. Is it signed as a bypass because I certainly missed it...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #153  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 12:08 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by isangpogi View Post


Good to know... I'll look out for this next time I'm in town. Is it signed as a bypass because I certainly missed it...
10th west has been there for years they only widened it from 2 lanes to 5 recently t allow for more traffic. I am not sure if they allow for faster travel on the sothern part since its residential or not since it's been well over a year since I have been back since we moved. In the residential portion it was restricted to 35 mph while the rest of it was 45-55 mps.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #154  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 7:46 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
While there in Richfield head out east to Gobline Valley. Very interesting Place.
If I went there without my sons they'd kill me. Went to Fremont Indian State Park Sunday on my way here...weather was bad yesterday. May bike down to Big Rock Candy Mountain today. Not a bad little town, but there's just not much here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #155  
Old Posted Jul 17, 2012, 9:45 PM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
10th west has been there for years they only widened it from 2 lanes to 5 recently t allow for more traffic. I am not sure if they allow for faster travel on the sothern part since its residential or not since it's been well over a year since I have been back since we moved. In the residential portion it was restricted to 35 mph while the rest of it was 45-55 mps.
They up'd the speed limit to 45 the entire way. They've only finished the first half of the road ...the second phase starts this year sometime.

I'm not sure if it's labeled 'bypass', but there's some sort of signage. If you're heading north (coming from Sardine Canyon) it's when you get to the Comfort Inn. It'd be nice if it could go all the way to Smithfield (about 5 miles north of where it goes now) but I guess the airport is in the way.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #156  
Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 1:54 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,768
It's not often we have major construction up at Bear Lake. I guess the Logan area would be the closest Metroscape to this development.

Developers unveil plans for $42 million resort at Bear Lake

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/86555...-for-42-million-resort-at-Bear-Lake.html



GARDEN CITY, Rich County — This small vacationers' town on the shores of Bear Lake could soon see a big change.

Plans for a $42 million resort at Bear Lake — which will include condos, a hotel and retail and business space — were unveiled Thursday.

Waters Edge Resort will include an 84-room full service hotel, 70 privately owned condominiums, and 40,000 square feet of retail, restaurant, and office space plus a 5,000 square foot conference facility.


"That's why we're doing better than any state in America,” said Utah Gov. Gary Herbert, who joined local leaders for the announcement. “The opportunity of risk, reward that we applaud ... We like the entrepreneur."

And in this case, the entrepreneurs are from Vietnam.

"Because in Utah, the economy is very good, but the lifestyle is very affordable right now,” said investor Hai Huynh. He lives in South Jordan, but many of his business partners who are investing big money are in Vietnam.

"They don't know where Utah is,” Huynh said. “People in Vietnam only know Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York.”

The state of Utah recently opened up those opportunities to foreign investors through a special visa. Garden City Mayor John Spuhler said that could lead to some positive growth in this town of less than 600...





An artist's rendering of the Waters Edge Resort, a new $42 million lakeside resort to be located in Garden City on the shores of Bear Lake. (, )

Last edited by delts145; Jul 28, 2012 at 2:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #157  
Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 7:16 PM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,285
Wasn't there supposed to be some mega resort built on the Idaho side of Bear Lake? What happened to that?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #158  
Old Posted Jul 30, 2012, 8:02 PM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Yeah after doing a quick search on that it looks like nothing ever happened.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #159  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2012, 1:06 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Logan Development Update

Not a ridiculous amount of urban development going on but here's a few projects:

Riverwoods

Conservice was originally located in a shared office building at the Riverwoods, and has since outgrown it and built their own on the 'campus'.


The 'Shoppes' are finally active along Main and pretty much filled.


Downtown

This newly completed renovation consisted of the rare: adding an additional story to their downtown building and filling it as office space.


Before renovation



Apartment boom

The Falls at Riverwoods opened last year-ish and has about 220 units


Newly finished Four Seasons is large, high-end, mixed-use development in northern Logan consisting of 3-story apartments mixed in with townhomes


This north logan area is seeing a plethora of new apartments and density. There's currently three different large-scale apartments complexes with two new projects are underway currently.


Closer look at the 'Wasatch Pointe' apartments
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #160  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2012, 4:28 PM
DCRes's Avatar
DCRes DCRes is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 746
Thanks for the update!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:48 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.