HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1141  
Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 2:17 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Someone should REALLLLLY take a great new pic of Regina's skyline! Especially since the cities new tallest office building is basically complete!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1142  
Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 2:31 AM
digitboy's Avatar
digitboy digitboy is offline
digital b0y
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 3,636
Here is my personnal top five skylines for cities of 500k and under. After reading this whole thread and seeing the numerous photos you guys posted, it helped me to make up my mind on this important issue.

1- Halifax
2- Victoria
3- Regina
4- London
5- Saskatoon
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1143  
Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 3:13 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
My list would probably be the same except Regina will be #2 in a couple years once its new major office towers are all up and running.

And I'd probably put Windsor ahead of Saskatoon


So... for my list of 200 000 to 500 000 would be:
Halifax
Victoria
Regina
London
Windsor


All are pretty fantastic for their respective populations.


And I'd go as far as to say our skylines of 50 000 - 200 000 aren't bad either... I'd say...

Niagara Falls
Kelowna
Saint John
Nanaimo
Moncton

and to add a sixth... as some people may not consider Niagara Falls (Niagara region)... Kamloops!

Last edited by Chadillaccc; Jul 4, 2012 at 3:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1144  
Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 9:20 AM
The_Architect's Avatar
The_Architect The_Architect is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,385
I'd have to say mine are:

1. Oakville
2. Burlington
3. Collingwood
4. Cambridge
5. Happy Valley Goose Bay


(Obviously I'm kidding)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1145  
Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 10:11 AM
Darkoshvilli Darkoshvilli is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,476
I'll take Quebec's skyline over Windsor anyday.

Edit: NVM, QC has over 500k. I need some sleep.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1146  
Old Posted Jul 4, 2012, 7:53 PM
Symz's Avatar
Symz Symz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windsor, On.
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
I'll take Quebec's skyline over Windsor anyday.

Edit: NVM, QC has over 500k. I need some sleep.
You do need sleep!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1147  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 4:00 AM
bolognium's Avatar
bolognium bolognium is offline
bro
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London, ON
Posts: 581
Smile

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1148  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 1:04 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,751
^take that, KW!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1149  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 1:29 PM
davidivivid davidivivid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ville de Québec City
Posts: 3,075
Great pic of London
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1150  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 1:54 PM
koops65's Avatar
koops65 koops65 is online now
Intergalactic Barfly
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Quarks Bar
Posts: 8,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
^take that, KW!
KW has a long way to go to catch up...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1151  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 10:00 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
I am a typical
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 39,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolognium View Post
Kind of like a Winnipeg that lost every second building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1152  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 10:19 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is online now
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 36,006
Winnipeg and London have a very similar natural setting, though I guess one of the most common spots for a city is in a flat area at the confluence of two rivers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1153  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 10:56 PM
digitboy's Avatar
digitboy digitboy is offline
digital b0y
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 3,636
Really nice shot of London !
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1154  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 11:13 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
I am a typical
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 39,065
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1155  
Old Posted Jul 5, 2012, 11:30 PM
FrAnKs's Avatar
FrAnKs FrAnKs is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ville de Québec / Quebec city
Posts: 5,937
Thanks for this pic of London, it's the first time I see a picture of the skyline that wide.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1156  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 12:20 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
London's second tallest is only as tall as Winnipeg's 6th (soon to be 7th) tallest building.


I guess they do kindof mesh. OLP would look awesome in Winnipeg's skyline and add a much needed touch that the city is lacking... but yeah.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1157  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 3:19 AM
MTLskyline's Avatar
MTLskyline MTLskyline is offline
The good old days are now
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,258
Longueuil is 230,000 people so I'll put this here.


IMG_0523 by alanah.montreal, on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1158  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 3:36 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
That is actually quite a nice pic of Longueuil, all the newer buildings there are quite nice. It's unfortunate how hideous/prominent the older structures are.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1159  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2012, 3:32 PM
Wishblade's Avatar
Wishblade Wishblade is offline
You talkin' to me?
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
That is actually quite a nice pic of Longueuil, all the newer buildings there are quite nice. It's unfortunate how hideous/prominent the older structures are.
And I just can't help but notice that the streets are dead as a desert .
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1160  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2012, 8:13 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
I am a typical
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 39,065


Close enough.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:18 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.