I live in the neighbourhood and can confirm that they have stopped excavation work and have moved onto piling for the actual foundation. This one is now officially under construction so I'll move it over to the U/C section.
I live in the neighbourhood and can confirm that they have stopped excavation work and have moved onto piling for the actual foundation. This one is now officially under construction so I'll move it over to the U/C section.
Caisson work has commenced. Let her rise.
__________________
"I measure the value of life not by how much I have, instead by what I have done.
Right now 1 Bloor is sinking caissons, and they're doing it above the elevation of the finished excavation because if they were to dig any lower they'd have a hard time getting the rigs out of the hole.
The raft slab and cassion work to support the equipment has been completed. Also there will be a design change for the roof removing the sloping angle. More updates on construction to follow.
it is because they would have problems with the window washing machines, not because they wanted to squeeze more floors in. this is approved up until 291m, We don't have to worry about them cutting off the roof to squeeze in more floors. they would just tack on more height. (which is what they are doing)