HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #181  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 12:25 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonguy19 View Post
I agree that it would be a huge win to have a porshe dealer in moncton but i'm not sure if moncton has the population yet. If the population continue growing like it does now, I could easily see a porshe dealership in moncton in maybe less than 10 years!
Having a combined Audi/Porsche dealership wouldn't be a huge stretch, and as I said, if anyone could pull it off, it would be the Lounsbury Group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonguy19 View Post
Also would it be possible to have a benz dealership in Moncton and Saint John or that would be too close?
I doubt that you would see a standalone Mercedes dealership in Moncton. SJ is too close and NB has too small a population. Besides, I would imagine that Tri Star has the dealership rights for the entire province.

That aside, Tri Star realizes the importance of the Moncton market and actively pursues business here under the banner of MonctonBenz

http://www.facebook.com/MonctonBenz

They have a semi permanent display of their vehicles at Champlain Place, arrange servicing of their vehicles in Moncton (if possible), and if not they will shuttle your car to and from SJ for servicing. They have experimented with having a sales representative in Moncton as well.

It could be that at some point down the road, there might be a satellite Mercedes dealership in Moncton, but I don't imagine that will happen for some time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #182  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 2:05 AM
Lrdevlop Lrdevlop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I doubt that you would see a standalone Mercedes dealership in Moncton.
I have heard from really good sources (which happens to be one of the directors (or some similar title) for MonctonBenz) that they are in fact opening a Mercedes-Benz dealership in Moncton. They will have a temporary location soon (until they build). I have heard of a couple of possible locations but I will not reveal them as none are confirmed or has been announced publicly.

I'm somewhat not surprised they're attracted by Moncton.

Good news for Moncton!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #183  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 4:10 AM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
Mercedes-Benz Moncton! Love the idea! But be careful, you might get in trouble if you're a fan of the unmentionable & infamous Stuttgart company!
Seriously, I can see a satellite dealership, but can NB really afford another Benz dealership?

Last edited by OUIR@random; Jun 17, 2012 at 4:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #184  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 1:24 PM
OliverD OliverD is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonguy19 View Post
Btw, theres a dentist in dieppe that owns a Bentley (I think its a continental gt)!
This guy? http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunsw...new-cars-being-seized-at-the-border.html
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #185  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 4:39 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the post about La Bentley de Dieppe! It's a black Bentley Continental GT indeed, I've seen it many times around town. LOL

Last edited by OUIR@random; Jun 17, 2012 at 8:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #186  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2012, 9:02 PM
Monctonguy19's Avatar
Monctonguy19 Monctonguy19 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moncton
Posts: 47
OliverD, i guesse he doesn't own it anymore

And its awsome that there would be a Benz dealership in Moncton! Huge win!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #187  
Old Posted Jun 18, 2012, 2:49 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,364
Mapleton Power Centre - Current Status:

Here are a few photos showing the Mapleton Centre as of this weekend. All photos were taken from the Cleves/Ocean Trail/Golf Town parking lot.


This photo shows the original retail strip backing on Wheeler Blvd, with the Tag building under construction in the background.


Panning a little further north, you can now appreciate the prep work being done where the building housing Bed Bath & Beyond, PetSmart and (presumably) Best Buy will be built. The beginnings of the concrete foundation at the front of this building are now being installed. This building will be quite large.


Looking due north, you can see the steel framing for the Moxie's restaurant in the distance. In the foreground, they are doing final site prep work on the lot which will (eventually) house another restaurant pad.

This project seems to be crawling along slowly, but I suspect that things will soon accelerate rapidly. The final stages of construction for the Cleve's/Golf Town building went quickly. I suspect the same will be true for the rest of the development. We will likely see additional store openings before Christmas. Hopefully we will soon get indications of who the additional retailers will be.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #188  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 1:23 AM
ballain ballain is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the post about La Bentley de Dieppe! It's a black Bentley Continental GT indeed, I've seen it many times around town. LOL
Just for everyones information, there is 3 Bentley Continental GT`s in the area, 2 in Dieppe, One Black Coupe, one Black GTC (Convertible), and one in Moncton, however I won`t name the owners. BEAUTIFUL cars. Drives like a dream (if anyone is interrested in buying one lol)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #189  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 3:38 AM
Ifyoubuildit Ifyoubuildit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
Moxies progress

I have been following this forum for a while now and thought it was about time to participate. When is Moxie's predicted to be completed? Does anyone know where they will be placing their patio?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #190  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifyoubuildit View Post
I have been following this forum for a while now and thought it was about time to participate. When is Moxie's predicted to be completed? Does anyone know where they will be placing their patio?
Greetings and welcome to the forum (good name!)

Regarding Moxie's
- A previous news report on the restaurant indicated a south facing patio.
- One of the other forumers found a job posting with a closing date of October.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #191  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2012, 3:31 PM
Ifyoubuildit Ifyoubuildit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Greetings and welcome to the forum (good name!)

Regarding Moxie's
- A previous news report on the restaurant indicated a south facing patio.
- One of the other forumers found a job posting with a closing date of October.
Thank you MonctonRad! I am a big fan of Earls restaurants so I am excited to see a Moxie's restaurant option in the North end. Hopefully we get word of the possible second restaurant/fast food beside Moxies soon. I have also noted that no one seems to know what tenants are going into Bob Steeves new plaza on Mountain Road (old houses being moved off sight now). It is amazing how fast these plazas on Mountain Road fill up, I think there have been about 4 or more built in the last 5-7yrs.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #192  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 3:17 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,364
I think I've found another new store moving into the Mapleton Centre:

Henry's Camera has a job ad in Kijiji for a new store in Moncton (opening in the fall). They have had a store open in Dartmouth Crossing for about a year, so it would make sense they would choose a similar venue here.

More info:
http://www.henrys.com/

Also, Jump+ is advertising for positions for new stores in both Moncton and Fredericton. They are listed as an "Apple premium reseller". So, we may not get an Apple Store in Moncton, but we may get the next best thing. I don't know where they are planning on setting up shop, but Mapleton might be a possibility for them as well......

More info:
http://www.jumpplus.com/why-jump/

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #193  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 11:38 AM
habs33's Avatar
habs33 habs33 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 646
Funny, a friend of mine just emailed me about a new store going to Champlain mall. He called it jump something.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #194  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 11:54 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Funny, a friend of mine just emailed me about a new store going to Champlain mall. He called it jump something.
That's interesting. Looking at their website, they almost seem like a mini Apple Store, complete with repair services and pseudo-geniuses. It would likely make a good addition to the mall.

I see that they have put up construction panels around the Locale shoe store location (next to Coach) in the last couple of days. Perhaps it's moving into there....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #195  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 12:45 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
Indeed it looks like a fake or wannabe Apple store, I wonder how Apple really feels about these, even if they are Apple approved? I was looking on their website to see their locations; just 2 and both in Ontario at this time...
Anyway, if we can't have a real Apple store, we might have to take this one. They can't be worst than Future Shop where the staff is completely out of the Apple's realm... Being an Apple fan/user for the past 15 years (before the iPhone craze), I was looking forward to an Apple store at Champlain. Maybe it's going in the Mastercuts location, it's a little bit bigger than Locale which is quite small and they have a nice corner location with 2 frontages. I heard that Fairweather is leaving, maybe there? This is indeed a welcome addition to the Moncton market nonetheless, but I'll have to take a drive to Halifax when Apple opens later this summer.

Last edited by OUIR@random; Jun 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #196  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 12:50 PM
brod3211 brod3211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 124
Henrys

By far the best store out of all is Henry's, being a photographer like myself, it will make it some much easier to buy camera gear with that around.

I have been to the Jump Plus in kingston, it basically the exact same thing as the apple store. There is one in Kingston, Ontario and also in Guelph, I think those are the only one so far... Another great addition for Moncton.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #197  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 1:01 PM
NBNYer's Avatar
NBNYer NBNYer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Moncton
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
I wonder how Apple really feels about these, even if they are Apple approved?
Photos from their website show that they use the Apple logo and call themselves a "premium reseller", so there's got to be some kind of an agreement with Apple. Pretty good addition to Champlain though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #198  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 1:16 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Photos from their website show that they use the Apple logo and call themselves a "premium reseller", so there's got to be some kind of an agreement with Apple. Pretty good addition to Champlain though.
I love Apple but they are a very arrogant & ruthless company, they don't negociate or do partnerships in general, so I doubt that they would even entertain an agreement with a two retail outlet reseller. I just think jump+ do their thing and they follow Apple's protocol and both sides are happy. Maybe a little bit like the former Mac Store in Halifax, not to be confused with the Apple Store opening this summer.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #199  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 2:33 PM
habs33's Avatar
habs33 habs33 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 646
Here's some more info on Jump+ and Apple premium re-sellers:
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-news...ph-canadas-first-apple-premium-reseller/

And if you go to http://www.apple.com/ca/buy/locator/ and enter Guelph Ont, Jump+ does come up in listings. So looks like they official Apple partner. Can't wait to check it out
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #200  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2012, 2:44 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Here's some more info on Jump+ and Apple premium re-sellers:
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-news...ph-canadas-first-apple-premium-reseller/

And if you go to http://www.apple.com/ca/buy/locator/ and enter Guelph Ont, Jump+ does come up in listings. So looks like they official Apple partner. Can't wait to check it out
Indeed, Jump+ does appear to be an officially sanctioned junior Apple Store!



Since the first four stores in the chain are located in Guelph, Kingston, Moncton and Fredericton, it's safe to say that they are targetting university towns too small to have official Apple stores.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:57 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.