HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #861  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 7:33 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
I love Canterra Tower.
     
     
  #862  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 7:43 PM
whiteford's Avatar
whiteford whiteford is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Oh my Gods. I am proud to call this city my new home! ^^^
same here. after two months, it still feels exciting to have moved back to calgary after such a long time.
     
     
  #863  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 7:45 PM
Copes's Avatar
Copes Copes is offline
Millennial Ascendancy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,086
Great shots of Calgary. That city is becoming more and more desirable to me. I'd love to be there.
     
     
  #864  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 7:59 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
I've actually met like 6 people from St. John's here and I've only been here a week
     
     
  #865  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 8:06 PM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is online now
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,368
Wow, Calgary sounds almost like Halifax! Newfies are to Halifax what Mexicans are to LA.
     
     
  #866  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 11:22 PM
roccerfeller's Avatar
roccerfeller roccerfeller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 2,932
Someone get some Ottawa up in here!

Nice to see some Edmonton in this thread, one of my friends is moving there to go to U of A...amazing Uni. One of my fav campuses in Western Canada.
     
     
  #867  
Old Posted May 8, 2012, 11:36 PM
davidivivid davidivivid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ville de Québec City
Posts: 3,075
Might not be the best angle for the skyline but its a damn good picture nonetheless!!


Québec, la haute ville - Québec City, the upper town par plaurin19, sur Flickr


The bank of the river in the middle of the picture will change radically this year. The Promenade Samuel-de-Champlain will be extended up to there. A real sand beach will be laid out as well as a huge water mirror coupled with fountains. Finally, a services pavilion will also be constructed.






http://www.quebechebdo.com/Actualites/20...el-De-Champlain-passe-a-la-phase-trois/1

Last edited by davidivivid; May 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
     
     
  #868  
Old Posted May 9, 2012, 1:09 AM
FrAnKs's Avatar
FrAnKs FrAnKs is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ville de Québec / Quebec city
Posts: 5,938
Damn !!! Thank you Davidivivid, I think I found my new background !
     
     
  #869  
Old Posted May 9, 2012, 2:05 AM
Copes's Avatar
Copes Copes is offline
Millennial Ascendancy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
Wow, Calgary sounds almost like Halifax! Newfies are to Halifax what Mexicans are to LA.
Ha! I think the trade between Newfoundland and Nova Scotia is far more even than the trade between Newfoundland and Alberta. Having left NS five years ago for Newfoundland, I've met my fair share of Nova Scotians here on the rock. I'm certainly not an abnormality. Meanwhile, I can count on one hand the number of Albertans I've met here in St. John's but can't seem to meet a Newfoundlander who doesn't have one friend of family member out west.
     
     
  #870  
Old Posted May 9, 2012, 4:06 PM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348
     
     
  #871  
Old Posted May 9, 2012, 5:37 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,149
     
     
  #872  
Old Posted May 9, 2012, 7:45 PM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is online now
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
Ha! I think the trade between Newfoundland and Nova Scotia is far more even than the trade between Newfoundland and Alberta. Having left NS five years ago for Newfoundland, I've met my fair share of Nova Scotians here on the rock. I'm certainly not an abnormality. Meanwhile, I can count on one hand the number of Albertans I've met here in St. John's but can't seem to meet a Newfoundlander who doesn't have one friend of family member out west.
People from NS moved to NFLD? Did they say why? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing that before.
     
     
  #873  
Old Posted May 9, 2012, 9:19 PM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348

Blue Skyline by Witty nickname, on Flickr

Larger Here
     
     
  #874  
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 12:20 AM
Dwils01's Avatar
Dwils01 Dwils01 is offline
Urban Fanactic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 3,285
Amazing photos of the Edmonton and Calgary skylines. I applied to some jobs in Calgary and Edmonton so I might be moving there.
     
     
  #875  
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 12:26 AM
flar's Avatar
flar flar is offline
..........
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 15,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccerfeller View Post
Someone get some Ottawa up in here!

Nice to see some Edmonton in this thread, one of my friends is moving there to go to U of A...amazing Uni. One of my fav campuses in Western Canada.
I have a very unique angle of Ottawa that I'll be posting soon. I haven't been able to process it yet because I'm on a crappy laptop these days.
     
     
  #876  
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 1:27 AM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
That pano of Calgary is beautiful.
     
     
  #877  
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 2:26 AM
flar's Avatar
flar flar is offline
..........
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Posts: 15,763
not sure how it looks, but what the hell...

     
     
  #878  
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 2:40 AM
lucci lucci is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 75
     
     
  #879  
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 3:24 AM
isaidso isaidso is offline
North of Gilead
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North of Gilead
Posts: 11,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
People from NS moved to NFLD? Did they say why? I don't think I've ever heard of anyone doing that before.
My brother and his family moved from Halifax to St. John's about 5 years ago for career advancement and a significant pay increase. Not only are they better off than they were in Halifax, but the house they bought in St. John's has increased in value way more than the Halifax house they sold.

Per capita income 2010

Newfoundland $55,138
Nova Scotia $38,475
Canada $47,605


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Can...mestic_product#Ordered_by_GDP_per_capita
     
     
  #880  
Old Posted May 10, 2012, 3:57 AM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is online now
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,368
If you're talking about people moving from Halifax to St. John's, then comparing the GDP of Nova Scotia to NFLD isn't terribly relevant. There's a big difference between greater Halifax and rural Nova Scotia.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:21 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.