Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Tate
There are much more phone-in worthy designs than the Wall Centre tower. The City should let bygones be bygones and give the man his dark glass. It will look way better than it does now. And where were the angry callers when Grace was going up? If there ever was a building that shouldn't have been built, it's that one. Talk about your skyline abominations...
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG
grace is the best building ever - thats the one with all the gargoyles and stuff right? so many people love that building
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Tate
 I really dislike this kind of derivative, heavy-handed, faux-historical-whatever architecture. The building is tacky, it belongs in a theme park.
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmaccdn
Completely disagree... I think its in the top 10 best buildings in the city.
It's the backdrop to many movies/tv shows.... I think it's by the far the single most recorded residential building for such projects.
Ill agree at certain angles and levels it seems slightly unfinished... but overall the materials and look are top notch.
Glass and steel are dime and dozen in the zelot city.
|


Excuse me, maybe it's having been away for so long, but which building is GRACE anyway? I'd love to see some pix!! It seems to generate so much opinion.
HEY, I JUST FOUND IT. I like it; always have, but I would not want to see more than one or two "fausse période" towers like that. It would be too excessive.
We have the Dominion Building, and the Sun Tower (not to mention the venerated Marine Building). Perhaps if the architecture echoed those a little more,
we'd have a more harmonious, interesting effect. Maybe not. Just IMO.